New MX-5 Roadster Coupe

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
New MX-5 Roadster Coupe UPDATED with new PICS

2060718.014.mini5L.jpg

2060718.014.mini4L.jpg

Mazda has chosen the British International Motor Show to lift the lid on its latest MX-5. The MX-5 Roadster Coupe has a retractable folding hard-top similar to a Mercedes SLK's.

However, unlike the SLK, the Mazda's roof does not take up the whole of the boot. Folding up into a small space just behind the seats.

The boot of the MX-5 Roadster Coupe remains a separate area. Prices for the new MX-5 model will be unveiled at the British show, which starts on July 19.

http://www.topgear.com/

Last edited:
they shoulda made a roadster coupe from the previous version...the hardtop concepts (or did they produce a few?) that they had in japan were so rx7ish

Amazing. Mazdaspeed version? If so this may well be the first Brand New car I ever buy... or I'll buy a used M Coupe next year.

Rickman said:
Amazing. Mazdaspeed version? If so this may well be the first Brand New car I ever buy... or I'll buy a used M Coupe next year.

Yeah, what about power upgrades?!? Solstice Tubro is looking mighty fine right now for the $$...Mazda has to have something in the works as far as more power. Miata is one of the best looking cars out there, now just give it the power to go with its looks. 2.3 turbo anyone? Zoom Zoom!

If they slap the DISI 2.3 turbo in this thing... which they've been putting in every other car lately... (and assuming the folding roof doesn't weigh a tun)... 12 - 12.5 stock easy!

Speed6's running 13.7's and those weigh in at 3500 +

Other than that, I've never been a fan of tiny little sports cars... Being 6'2 it isn't fun sitting in most of them... It takes the right kinda person to drive these cars... Kinda like VW Beetles (chick cars)... Miata isn't exactly a chick car... but at the same time... Not every "dood" can drive one and still feel like a man.

Last edited:
It's about time there's more hardtops vertically stored so you still got the trunk. Why are there not more around??

yeah but it makes it more of a year-round car. If Mazda makes this into an up-scale car with a more elegant interior they will sell like hotcakes.

Back