New MSP owner

jlindbo

:
2003 MSP
Hi guys,

I just purchased a MazdaSpeed Protg and am tracking down information sources (forums and such) and wanted to know if anybody has any recommendations. Also, I purchased the car from a Mazda dealer and they were lacking a lot of the information on the aftermarket parts the previous owner had installed. I hope to have pictures up shortly in the hopes somebody can help me figure this thing out. Has anybody ever purchased a used Mazda from the dealer with aftermarket parts installed? How did it affect your warranty?

Sorry for all the newb questions and thanks for your help.

Production Number: 1633
Dealer: Morrie's Mazda (Chippewa Falls, WI)
Color: Spicy Orange

The car had one previous owner and titled in Chicago. A google search on the VIN returned a AutoTrader entry for the car (At a much lower price than I paid ;P) in the Chicago area.
http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:UTBhV0LEr50J:used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/listings/illinois-chicago-mazda-protege-used-cars.html+JM1BJ227430642107&hl=en (VIN:JM1BJ227430642107)

So far I have identified the following mods:

HiBoost FMIC with HKS BOV
AEM Intake
AutoMeter Dual guage pod
Pioneer AVX-7300 and 2 headrest displays
Audiovox APS995C Alarm / Remote Start

So, I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to address my warranty concerns given all of the aftermarket parts. When I bought the car the dealer stated it was still covered for the next 12 months / 23K miles bumper to bumper (Sales paperwork backs this up). The car is also experiancing fuel cut at 10PSI of boost and I can not find a boost controller for the life of me. I wonder what they will do to handle that.

Pictures will be up some time tomorrow unless they keep my car.

jlindbo said:
Production Number: 1633
Dealer: Morrie's Mazda (Chippewa Falls, WI)
Color: Spicy Orange

The car had one previous owner and titled in Chicago. A google search on the VIN returned a AutoTrader entry for the car (At a much lower price than I paid ;P) in the Chicago area.
http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:UTBhV0LEr50J:used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/listings/illinois-chicago-mazda-protege-used-cars.html+JM1BJ227430642107&hl=en (VIN:JM1BJ227430642107)

So far I have identified the following mods:

HiBoost FMIC with HKS BOV
AEM Intake
AutoMeter Dual guage pod
Pioneer AVX-7300 and 2 headrest displays
Audiovox APS995C Alarm / Remote Start

So, I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to address my warranty concerns given all of the aftermarket parts. When I bought the car the dealer stated it was still covered for the next 12 months / 23K miles bumper to bumper (Sales paperwork backs this up). The car is also experiancing fuel cut at 10PSI of boost and I can not find a boost controller for the life of me. I wonder what they will do to handle that.

Pictures will be up some time tomorrow unless they keep my car.

So the gauge shows 10 psi but you cannot find boost controller?
Maybe it is a bad gauge.

Good luck. You have some good mods.

Welcome to the boards, doing some searching and reading of the common problems/mods pages will provide you with a good amount of knowledge.

The boost controller could be hidden very well, or they may have adjusted wastegate to get it to open at 10psi. That's very unlikely though. Start tracing vacuum lines around the turbo and see what you can come up with.

Aftermarket exhaust, or is it still the stocker?

Welcome,

random qeustion, have you looked for an MBC? these cars wont run 10 PSI with out an MBC or an EBC. if you cant find one, check the gauge.

Latest posts

Back