New MSP owner with hesitating issues and failed Ca smog, (SEARCHED)

SSAFC is how you tune the car. You can't tune them unless you get a piggyback like an AFC or full standalone EMS (>~$1k). To use an aftermarket BOV you need hard pipes for the intercooler and a flange. I don't have any turkey with my SSQV.

Your HC is high which means you are running rich. Your symptoms sound like when you give throttle you are getting hesitation? If you keep the throttle pressed after the hesitation do the RPMs continue to drop? If so, you are probably hitting fuel cut. If this is the case, then you need to check all of your vac system after the MAF for leaks really well.

BTW it may be semantics, but there is no such thing as a factory BOV. You are thinking of the bypass valve. I would not even think about hard pipes and a BOV until you have the hesitation issue worked out and a SSAFC installed.

Yea I know the stock one is a diverter valve, I wrote it wrong on my sentence. But i've seen threads where they used both set ups, which is what I was talking about. But about the hesitation. When it "hesitates" the rpms never drop. It just struggles to climb up as fast as it was in the beginning. I have the hardpipes already with stock intercooler along with a CAI and exhaust. My next mod looks like its going to have to be the SSAFC. Believe me I would love to cure this hesitation, especially after experiencing for the first time how smooth and fast it felt that one time. I want to be able to do that fulltime! Sucks cause i'm running out of ideas/thoughts. But I guess SSAFC it is...

Yea I know the stock one is a diverter valve, I wrote it wrong on my sentence. But i've seen threads where they used both set ups, which is what I was talking about. But about the hesitation. When it "hesitates" the rpms never drop. It just struggles to climb up as fast as it was in the beginning. I have the hardpipes already with stock intercooler along with a CAI and exhaust. My next mod looks like its going to have to be the SSAFC. Believe me I would love to cure this hesitation, especially after experiencing for the first time how smooth and fast it felt that one time. I want to be able to do that fulltime! Sucks cause i'm running out of ideas/thoughts. But I guess SSAFC it is...

ssafc, and replace the stock intercooler. that thing heatsoaks in under 20 minutes. which will only attribute to causing more hesitation. either get un upgraded sidemount or go front mount. itll be a night and day difference especially once its tuned.

You won't believe the difference with the AFC installed, even on the super stock map. A friend had a gray MSP and I rode in his car when it was stock with just the AFC and it would outrun my car with an FMIC, BOV, catless midpipe, ebc etc. I was sold the first time he mashed the gas

Damn really. I guess i'll order it next week. What do I do once I get this part. Obviously I would need a laptop and run the software while connected, but then what...

Ok cool. How's the install on this box? I'm assuming I may have to splice it in... Thanks for the links hornsfan!

All the info is in the links, there are I believe 6 wires you have to tap into at the ECU harness, 2 for the MAF, 2 for the primary O2 then power and ground.

Latest posts

Back