New MS3 pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
seanmcsean said:
honestly I'd go with the speed 3 over the GTI.. the GTI is nice and all, but the 3 has better styling and you get more for your money. plus the 3 is bigger and I like that... 5 doors pwns 3.
Me too. I don't like how the MKV VW's drive all that much... the steering weight felt very unnatural to me...plus the MS3 will I am sure have that Mazda feeling!

you drove the new new gti already brad???? I won't go drive one because I'll end up buying it.

it's subtle, and subtle = teh good. if i had an MSP, my first move would be to swap the wing for a regular sedan spoiler. but i still wish they had integrated a smooth hood scoop (like the Legacy GT)...i don't see how the IC is going to get adequate airflow.

May have to trade the MSP in...LOL! Still NOT feeling the hatch though.

R

No doubt it's going to sell like hot cakes! The more I think about it...The more I would seriously consider this car. We should find out later today...Look for an estimated 255 to 260 hp straight from the factory!

Antoine said:
No doubt it's going to sell like hot cakes! The more I think about it...The more I would seriously consider this car. We should find out later today...Look for an estimated 255 to 260 hp straight from the factory!

Sell like hotcakes...LOL I wouldn't put money on that seeing how all of the other MS cars are still sitting on lots.

And I don't see the 225 to 260 hp being real either. Would be nice, but seriously doubtful!

(poke)

that interior is very very nice.... likin the seats and the shift boot, as well as the ribbing along the seats... wonder what the back looks like?

AzMz3 said:
Sell like hotcakes...LOL I wouldn't put money on that seeing how all of the other MS cars are still sitting on lots.

And I don't see the 225 to 260 hp being real either. Would be nice, but seriously doubtful!

(poke)

Do some research...There are a ton of reports that state we're looking at 244 - 260 hp. Remember the MS3 is powered by a detuned MS6 2.3 DIT...The same engine that will power the CX-7 with 244hp.

MS6 = 275hp

MS3 = ?

CX-7 = 244hp

Which MS cars are still on the lots?

I think your underestimating the MS3...But we will see...;)

ZoomZoomH said:
so a natural comparison will be between this and the MkV GTI, what says you sean, which one you like better, marketing not withstanding

Hey, I too am interested by how the two of these cars stack up. If the MS3 seriously is going to have 250hp then is probably isn't really fair to compare - but we are still speculating!!!

I am seriously contemplating the GTI, but don't want to get out of my Protege5 too quickly if the MS3 if going to be a rocker.

I like the new seats in the MS3, but the GTI leather seats are georgeous:

050.jpg

The GTI cockpit is the goods too:

043.jpg

And, so far Mazda doesn't offer anything like the DSG yet.

On the pluses of the Mazda, potentially WAY more power (if it really is 250, I can't even imagine it - that is 10 more than my dad's E36 M3!!!). But apparently chipping the VW 2.0T can get 250+ also.

I have loved the way my Protege5 drives (I have MSP Springs/Struts/Sway) - it is close to the way my 337 handled. The MS3 surely will me even better based on how good the 3 platform is improved from mine.

About size - the GTI is coming four door - and some of these pics have really got me excited about that:

026.jpg

attachment.php

Any how, just wondering what your guy's pluses and minuses would be for either car...

Antoine said:
Do some research...There are a ton of reports that state we're looking at 244 - 260 hp. Remember the MS3 is powered by a detuned MS6 2.3 DIT...The same engine that will power the CX-7 with 244hp.

MS6 = 275hp

MS3 = ?

CX-7 = 244hp

Which MS cars are still on the lots?

I think your underestimating the MS3...But we will see...;)

As stated there are no offical specs YET...tomorrow hopefully.
You might want to do some research yourself!
MS6's are defiantley not selling like "hotcakes"!

(poke)

AzMz3 said:

(poke)

The 3 will do much better. After all, the 6 isn't selling that well so naturaly the MS6 won't either. The 3 on the other hand is selling like mad for a mazda.

The MS3 will be the first MS to sell well. That is if they can get it out on time.
The one wrench will be if mazda once again under powers the car making in too little, too late. If they have the chance to use only a slightly detuned 2.3L turbo then that should be as slightly as possible. If this car can be advertised with 250 hp every damn one will be on order before it ever hits a dealership lot. If they screw the pouch and go for under 220, or worse yet, under 200. No one will really care as with the other MS.

AzMz3 said:

(poke)

We will see my friend...The specs should be released later today (Japan time). I'll be sure to post them ASAP!

It will be very interesting to see how the MS3 will stack up against the GTI in a barrage of testing...I'm sure the auto mags will be all over these cars. The GTI will no doubt be a very strong performer. IMO I don't trust VW reliability and the fact that VW's are so common place. Nothing really excites me about it...

I hope that the MS3 will out power and out handle the GTI (in short out perform)...For Mazda's sake...

Since we're comparing the GTI...doesn't that thing weigh 3300+ pounds?

Something in the sport compact segment should weigh under 3000.

1sty said:
The 3 will do much better. After all, the 6 isn't selling that well so naturaly the MS6 won't either. The 3 on the other hand is selling like mad for a mazda.

The MS3 will be the first MS to sell well. That is if they can get it out on time.
The one wrench will be if mazda once again under powers the car making in too little, too late. If they have the chance to use only a slightly detuned 2.3L turbo then that should be as slightly as possible. If this car can be advertised with 250 hp every damn one will be on order before it ever hits a dealership lot. If they screw the pouch and go for under 220, or worse yet, under 200. No one will really care as with the other MS.

Exactly...The fact that the MS3 is based on an established winner greatly increases its potential to sell like "hot cakes"...I've got a feeling about the MS3...A feeling I get when something is going to be special...It's up to Mazda to set the HP at an "exciting" level and launch this bad boy with an effective launch/marketing campaign.

This could be the 1st volume MS model?

side note for those interested in the GTI's power figures:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2444429

cliff's notes: putting down 193hp/208tq - at the WHEELS

Not sure if anyone's been to a scale with theirs yet, but supposedly the 3300 pound information about the GTI was a cut and paste job from the GLI's spec sheet and not the correct number.

First mod...carbon fiber replacement inserts for the front and rear bumpers. The side skirts aren't very aggressive either.

Looks like it has headlight washer nozzles...is that an option in the U.S. for the current Mazda3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back