New MP5 owner - Where to Start?

CpettMP5

I just purcased a MP5 and actually still have to go pick it up. It's an 03' with a sportronic tranny. It is all stock right now and I'm not sure where to start. Tints and wheels are must but after that I'm lookin for advice. Any suggestions?

Go with a Highboost turbo kit, unless you're a real car guy then custom design your own. Then get exhaust, new clutch/flywheel, LSD, custom 6-speed tranny ;) forged pistons and rods, Wagner Turbo stage 2 cams, AEM ECU, then you can do whatever the hell you want. NA is for bitches with this car (yeah, I'm a b**** according to my own comments, but it's true)

Couple things. First off, ENJOY THE CAR. Then mod the hell out of it if you so desire. Keep in mind that auto trannies can't handle high pounds of boost. I'd immediately get the paint coated (the Protector, ZieBart Protect-a-shine, etc). It'll help guard from stone chips and crap. It'll also make the paint look deeper which is always a plus especially for our Mazdas. If you're worried about dings, I also had a rubber strip placed around my wheel wells.

From there, it's totally up to you. Wheels and tint are common. Possibly stereo - did you get the 2003.5 w/the spare tire sub? If so, unless you're an audiophile, I always thought it was good enough...

I'm staying N/A for several reasons mostly because I don't wanna put 4k into a turbo system if all it'll do is wreck my tranny and give me tickets. Getting intake-header-exhaust will probably take care of most of my needs for acceleration. Won't beat a Mustang but it looks better than a Mustang anyways so I still win!

LZ

how much you wanna spend??
I'd agree stay away from turbo on the auto, focus on handling, stereo, and style. AVOID RICE!! most P5 owners are pretty good about this; keep it that way!!

Change to poly bushings on the swaybars, or depending on what kind of ride you like, upgrade the struts and springs. You'll need to drop that puppy an inch or so anyway to make it look good on your rims.

Replacing the stock speakers w/decent ones and adding a powered sub is a cheap way to get good sound. Plus keeing the stock hu is a good theft deterrent!

Yank off the roof rack if you like the look, paint the headlights if you like the look (actually i don't), tint helps a lot.

Throw on a decent sri or cai, and if you get an exhaust, GO CUSTOM. it's cheaper, you can get any sound you want, the shop will back up their work, etc etc.

USE THE FORUMS and learn how to use the search function.

HAVE FUN!(guitar)

threadjack!

Hey lord zath, saw your little Stitch dude, I've got one living in my place too. I swear he parties and drinks all my beer and liquor when I'm away, and my wife has taken to blaming him for the messy house. At least the little bastard is housetrained. Now if only he'd quite humping the cat and the neighbor's small child :D

Speaking of turbos, who out here has F/I on their P5? Care to share your dyno and 1/4 times? :D

Rishie is one guy that's boosted his P5(HiBoost). I believe he's pushing around 250FWHP.

1FASTMP5(Mike) also has a really nice, boosted P5. He's got an MSP engine/turbo in his car.

I would start by tinting the windows and getting a new stereo deck, then comes the engine/ exhaust mods.... stick to the basics. ciao bro!

Thanks for all the input. I'm pickin it up in a week so I can get started. I really just looking forward to drivin it finally.

Rishie's car is pretty freakin fast....he gave a ride once and the torque is unbelivable..

I need an auto cause when I'm workin I'm drivin A LOT and am constantly on my cell. So tryin to shift through city traffic while on the phone is not my idea of fun therfore the auto sport transmission. I would love a manual though.

Get a hands free kit. Soon enough it will be required by law across the country anyways. Several states have already passed laws, and many others have one in the works.

Get the manual, TRUST ME, you will regret it later if you don't.

Back