kidpaint

:
Mazdaspeed protege
Hey everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself. I just got an 03 MSP from a friend, for free. He even paid to ship it from California to Minneapolis. Cant beat that price! Im not new to the Auto community but new to Mazdas and have a learning curve ahead of me. Ive been reading and searching on here for a few days now and been tinkering with the car. It runs and drives with 126k on it. Its the graphite black color. The bad part is that someone out in California hit the drivers side. Only cosmetic and not hard enough to stop the drivers door window from working. It does have a few quirks with the engine that need to be worked out. Mainly worn motor mounts, new 02 sensors and for some reason a p0300 misfire code from what Ive been reading happens more than not on these cars. Anyways, enough about that. Thanks for having me here, and in advance for all the help and possibly stupid questions I may ask.

Welcome... The sad part is by the time you spend the funds to fix your "free" MSP (if that's what you intend to do) you could have gotten a working one and had some change left over... Haha but congrats and welcome to the car you'll love to hate.

Thanks, So far I have 300 into the the engine and it now runs great again. The body im not to worried about as thats what I do for a living, but its going to be a daily driver so I dont even know if Ill deal with the looks aspect.

Back