s2k11

:
Mazda, RX-8
Hey guys. I just purchased an 05 RX-8. I live in Portsmouth, NH. Id like to get together for some meets and drives in the area!

Welcome! There's a thread somewhere near the top that lists our more popular/planned meets. There's also a bunch of "spur of the moment" meets...especially with the Boston-Area folks.

36450_10150204529100366_819900365_1.jpg

it's...not...Velo Red? /sadinthepants

Looks clean! How many miles are on it? Any plans to mod it or are you gonna rock it stock?

not keeping it stock. Seibon CF lip kit, hood, fenders, and trunk. Dropping it a half inch or so. Havent really decided on what wheels yet. Painting the top half black. Sparco Torino Seats and some other interior stuff then its going up to Ballistic Motorsports this winter and slapping on a greddy turbo it.

Thats what I have planned for right now to have done by next year, but for the rest of the summer its going to be pretty much stock with maybe an AEM intake and exhaust.

I used to have the S Techs on my S2000 and i loved them so I will prolly stick with Tein again.

Looking at about 8lbs of boost. I havent heard alot of bad stuff about the Greddy kit but im new to the research and the car. Are people having better luck with another kit? Ive used the AEM EMS before and that also worked pretty well.

Last edited:
I used to have the S Techs on my S2000 and i loved them so I will prolly stick with Tein again.

Looking at about 8lbs of boost. I havent heard alot of bad stuff about the Greddy kit but im new to the research and the car. Are people having better luck with another kit? Ive used the AEM EMS before and that also worked pretty well.

The TEIN H-Techs will give you about .7 inch drop

the greddy kit uses a cheap brass journal bearing which wears out about every 10K miles.. the parts are made cheaply and youre looking at spending about another 2-3K JUST to make it a 'reliable' turbo kit... the 2 BEST turbo kits on the market right now are the PTP and Esmeril.

the AEM EMS is nice but WAYYYYYYY overpriced... save yourself some money and pickup the Cobb Accessport.

Buy it from Jeff (MazdaManiac) and get 6 months of FREE tuning for your car (another huge savings over going with another shop)

The TEIN H-Techs will give you about .7 inch drop

the greddy kit uses a cheap brass journal bearing which wears out about every 10K miles.. the parts are made cheaply and youre looking at spending about another 2-3K JUST to make it a 'reliable' turbo kit... the 2 BEST turbo kits on the market right now are the PTP and Esmeril.

the AEM EMS is nice but WAYYYYYYY overpriced... save yourself some money and pickup the Cobb Accessport.

Buy it from Jeff (MazdaManiac) and get 6 months of FREE tuning for your car (another huge savings over going with another shop)

+1 ! Nice mod plans. My car is done for now.

thank you. Its going to take some time to get everything done that I want but im sure it will all happen in time. Altspace I look a look at your website, nice photos man.

Back