5PADZAM

:
'02 Protege5
Hi everyone, new member here. I have a p5 and have owned it for 3 years now. These are great cars! I used to go thru a car about every year and a half, but I plan to keep this one. Well, anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm sure I'll be spending quite a bit of time here, and I hope to be able to contribute some of what I have learned while working on my car.

Welcome to you...so what exactly have you done and what do you plan to do to your P5? Oh boy....

IMG_3495.JPG

Welcome to the forums.

RedHotP5 said:
Welcome to you...so what exactly have you done and what do you plan to do to your P5? Oh boy....

So far I have installed a simota cold air intake, B&M short shifter, and Mazdaspeed axleback muffler, and dealer installed window tint. I also replaced the stereo with an Alpine head unit and added a subwoofer, and replaced the factory speakers with Pioneer. I will be installing a header when I can afford it (talk my wife into it). It's my understanding that there is not much that we can do to the 2.0 engine to increase hp without replacing the internals. I am open to suggestions if you have any.

5PADZAM said:
So far I have installed a simota cold air intake, B&M short shifter, and Mazdaspeed axleback muffler, and dealer installed window tint. I also replaced the stereo with an Alpine head unit and added a subwoofer, and replaced the factory speakers with Pioneer. I will be installing a header when I can afford it (talk my wife into it). It's my understanding that there is not much that we can do to the 2.0 engine to increase hp without replacing the internals. I am open to suggestions if you have any.
Arias nyuum, yumm..

www.speedcircuit.net

Back