New member with some questions

nlinesk8s

:
mazda, protege5 '02
Hi all,

I just bought a blue '02 P5 with 69k miles, and brought it home from NY to Cincinnati. During the drive I noticed a few things, and have a few questions:

1) Cruise control doesn't work, but when I hit the "cancel" button, the horn blows. The horn button works too. What's going on here? I'll try and download the manual and hope it has a trouble shooting guide for the cruise, but any help appreciated.

2) I noted some rattling in front and back suspension when one wheel was being bumped. End links for sway bars?

3) It's missing a parcel shelf. Any sources for those?

4) A little rust starting at the leading bottom edge of the passenger door. Any other likely places to check for rust?

Any help appreciated.

Sean

you probly have a short in the clock spring causng the chaos with the horn and cruise control but without testing the wires you cant be sure and your best set for the rest is get it up on a lift and check the whole car over thats somethimg you should do wether you here problems or not

For the rattle I would suggest taking a look at your endlinks first and see if they are loose at all, a common problem on the Proteges.

As for rust, I would check the rear wheel well on the body where the back bumper meets the rest of the body. Another common place for rust.

Back