New member with MS3

jordon2773

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I bought a 2010 MS3 back in March 2010, and thought it was time I introduced myself to the forum. This is first time I've bought a Mazda. Heard really good things about Mazda.

Have had some back luck with this car though. So far this brand new car has been tinted 3 times cause there was bubbles in the tint. Needed a new navigational system (under warranty), head light over heated and burned the plastic (under warranty).

Currently our newest problem is all 4 tail lights have water in them. We have to wait to hear if they will cover it under warranty. So far its been a week.

Have any other MS3 owners had lots of problems?

I havent had any of these problems. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I do worry about water in the tail lights whenever I wash it. The way the water looks like it gets behind the lens. But so far so good.

I hope everything gets better for you. I am coming from a supercharged S2000 and this has filled its spot pretty well. With a little suspension work it has become as good in the corners as the S2K was.

lol I came from an Accent. I love the MS3, its sooo much fun and drives great!!! Just some bad luck.

Nav Problem

I bought my 2010 MS3 in October and the nav-screen started to have horizontal lines running across it in November. I got it replaced under warranty. They installed the new one and initially said that it wouldn't power up and that another would have to sent out. I brought the car back one more time and another tech installed the same unit with no issues. Turns out that there was a bunch of steps that the first tech didn't complete. It's nice to know where I'm going. Everything works great now.

Last edited:
OP, sorry to hear you've had so many problems already. I'm in the same boat as skatethesea though....no issues after about 4 months and 5500 miles of ownership. Welcome to the forum!

Back