New member, Newsed MP5

worldglider

:
Mazda Protege5 2002 Red 5sp Sunroof
I want to first of all thank everyone here for helping me solidify my decision to buy a used MP5. You'll have to thank the thieves that stole my 94' Civic Si last month, stripped it and then burnt it to the ground minus the slight remainder of the VIN so sanitation of NYC could tell me, they found my car. What's left of it. I mean really, who burns cars anymore besides the French? Mon Dieu!

That aside, I've had my eye on the MP5 and Mazda3 for a while and this site and forums helped conclude I've managed to select another cult car for all the right reasons.

I snagged a 2002, red, MP5, manual with sunroof and roof rack with cross bars. It has 92K but runs well and will only need a rear break job to make it just right for light duty. But that's not how I keep cars and the belated Honda was immaculate at 172K. I plan to make the MP5 just so despite heavy use by an unknown previous owner(s).

This is my first Mazda but I'm excited about the celebrated racing heritage and a company more inclined with sport than many buyers probably are concerned with. While searching for an MP5, I rented (courtesy of Hertz and my currently generous insurance company) a Mazda5 van/wagon. The soccer dad came out of me and I loved it. Can't wait to have kids, or a second dog to make that purchase reasonable. Might not care and search out a used one. I'll wait for the 2008, though, as a five speed auto should take down the 80mph cruise at 4000rpm to something more contemporary. Regardless, "drive it like you stole it" rental driving came out to 25mpg.

I look forward to hearing all about the upgrades and modifications everyone has to offer. My Honda was highly modified, but those mods to a 25 year old, are perhaps not as comforting to that same 35 year old. My other half made me write 500 times this evening, "I will not lower the suspension due to NYC roads." Get my drift?

Welcome... good to see another NYC'er on the forum...
I had also a honda... it was a fairly built b18 in an integ LS w/ a type R kit... but parking it was hard for me... sleepless nights, always worried about getting robbed... finally decided to sell it, came to an SR20, sold that came to my MSP and so far am pretty happy with it over all.
Hope you have a good time w/ the 5, and let the MOD bug bite

Welcome... Have fun
I also bought my protege5 Brand Used...
So far so good it still runs

Back