New mazdaspeed protege owner.Hello guys!

joeyfc3s

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Well i just recently purchased a 2003 mazdaspeed protege with 140k for a decent price.Car was in a little fender bender and it needed a driverside fender and a sideskirt.I got those replaced and started driving her!I had 2 replace one rear sway bar link kit and my secondary cat was falling apart so it had 2 come off.A new custom pipe with the noun fouler trick 2 keep the ecu from giving a CEL and she is all happy!So far i have done a cold air intake,ebay front mount,relocated maf and blov.Love the way the car handles but it does lack some performance.I am looking for some advice 2 try 2 get a little more power out of it without getting 2 crazy.
Also own a 08 mazda 3.
And a 1987 mazda rx7 turbo 2 drag car with a 13b-re swap/80mm turbonetics running microtech lt9c.
Pics of my protege! 3.jpg4.jpg1.jpgdownload.jpg

Nice!!.. welcome to the forum. Be careful while tinkering with the engine the motors are really delicate. Just something simple as exhaust, FMIC, cold air intake and a boost controller should do the trick. Other than that though you can make it into a autocross machine and make it handle like its on rails. Thats what im planning to do with mine

Next step considering your mods would be a tune, either a piggyback AFC or standalone. Then upgrade the exhaust and motor mounts, then you can look into removing the VTCS flaps or replacing the IM. There isn't too much you can do with the stock block but you can still make a good 220-230whp reliably without trouble if you mod it properly.

Back