New Mazdaspeed Offering

but since we're already off topic about bottom ends, the 2jz-gte has a nice one...a lot of people have done 600whp on stock internals and bottom end.

Turbo Matty P said:
yeah dude....we're sitting here talking cars when you chime in and b****. What gives?

because it doesnt belong in the Mazdaspeed PROTEGE section. and this is the THIRD link ive had to move out of here to the Miata section. its not because you and whoever else were talking about s*** (miata engine ANYWAYS). and me saying

GUESS WHAT

a) wrong forum
b) repost

is hardly bitching :rolleyes:

does anyone even pay attention to what catagory the posts are in anymore??? I only look at the active threads. I could care less what thread it's in. Also, i apologize. I thought after three pages of posts that someone would've moved it if it needed moved. When I mentioned a non-mazda product and you said something about wrong topic, wrong thread I snapped at you.

Didn't mean to.

i don't knoe about u, but lately i've seen too many posts in wrong sections and it really bugs 'cause a miata isn't a protege or whatever.

anyway, BP engines are strong ! certainly not the strongest, but damn proud of what it can do already. why would mazda be selling this car at such a price ? because they did all of the fabrication and research themselves, plus it's one of those premium models, i.e. mazdaspeed protege. and no, a miata will not always be "just a miata". many people have done engine swaps and is not some mere roadster to be taken lightly.

people wonder why this 1.8L engine makes more horsepower than their 2.0L engine. because from the beginning mazda saw the potential for this engine back when it had a lot of grassroots racing going on. nowadays people are just rotary this and that, and that's all that mazda will ever be good at. well, they made a damn fine engine in the miata and 323. imagine how well they could do with larger engines that follow the same standards as the BP

dolphin said:
For those of you that like history, the BP engine was used in Mazda's all-wheel drive World Rally car, the 323 GTX, a couple of decades ago. There were also road going versions the 323 GT as well. The BP was basically designed to be turbocharged. I think Madza was getting >400 hp out of it.

Thank you for your intelligent contribution. :) I agree and also know a lady who has one of the fastest turbo miatas in the country (miatamama in Louisville, KY). She's getting 400+ on stock internals.

And for those who say the miata is *just* a miata, I used to argue to the hilt with my psyco ex-boyfriend who drove a Chaste White fd (hmmm...coincidence?!) about the miata's role in the Mazda sportscar lineup from the late eighties on.

What car first had the Power Plant Frame?! The MIATA. Which car got it second? The FD.

That muthaf*cka used to piss me off daily telling me that my miata was merely a little piss-ant convertible and that his fd was the allmighty sports car.:mad: Hell, he even used to degrade me and my car by saying the miata wasn't a sports car, until I busted out the Webster definition on him. :mad:

It was then that I took my lowly miata driving ass to the RX-7 club meetings not only to learn all I could about the RX-7s, but to bridge the gap between Mazda's grand touring sports car enthusiasts and my Mazda roadster enthusiasts. I gained respect and enjoyed hearing the "I didn't think miatas were that quick" comments from my fellow rotorheads. (this pissed my ex off to no end. He could no longer keep me down with his elitest bullsh*t).

This display of comradeship educated all and created a tighter net Mazda community in Austin, TX, such that before I moved away from Austin the TexasRXs club and the Tejasmiata club were regularly doing events together. Thus the reason why I was elected Texas RXs President in 2002. :)

So before you go insulting your fellow Mazda familia, think about the negative walls you are putting up.

Back