new Mazda infotainment system firmware for CX-5 with TomTom coming soon

I don't think its one that can be done at home. I recently updated my TT (put it on a faster SD) and when I went in today I was asked if I wanted an update on my TT.

I don't think its one that can be done at home. I recently updated my TT (put it on a faster SD) and when I went in today I was asked if I wanted an update on my TT.
Just so I understand it correct: You took the car in to the dealership and they asked if you wanted an update to the TT? I have done the same thing, put it on a larger and slightly faster SD and when I went in last week they claimed innocence.... :) I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

The dealer did inform me of the TT MSP42 update last Saturday when I went in for an oil change, but said they didn't have time to do it on a Sat. Anyone know what kind of update it is?

So I just did some more research and re-read the MSP42 TSB.
and yup, I'm correct, IT IS AN UPDATE YOU CAN ALL DO AT HOME THAT WAS RELEASED WEEKS AGO.

The MSP42 TSB is dated 1/31/2014
Here is attached the copy of the TSB telling the Mazda tech to download the 10.851 FIRMWARE UPDATE FILE FOR TOMTOM.
It also then shows the Mazda tech how to check that the updated version is successfully loaded on the TOMTOM.
MSP42-1.jpg
MSP42-2.jpg

You're welcome. This thread can now be closed. It's moot unfortunately.

Well I am at the dealer now for my 15k service so I will let you know if there is any difference in function verses the latest update I already had.

They had it on the work order so I did not have to ask.

So I just did some more research and re-read the MSP42 TSB.
and yup, I'm correct, IT IS AN UPDATE YOU CAN ALL DO AT HOME THAT WAS RELEASED WEEKS AGO.

The MSP42 TSB is dated 1/31/2014
Here is attached the copy of the TSB telling the Mazda tech to download the 10.851 FIRMWARE UPDATE FILE FOR TOMTOM.
It also then shows the Mazda tech how to check that the updated version is successfully loaded on the TOMTOM.
View attachment 206277
View attachment 206278

You're welcome. This thread can now be closed. It's moot unfortunately.

Thanks for the additional details. It is silly that mazda had to release a tsb for something that we can all do

Thanks for the additional details. It is silly that mazda had to release a tsb for something that we can all do

It is probably because the safety lock and voice nav cancelation issues was so annoying that Mazda made this this a required upgrade when a car is brought in for service.

I'm here for my oil change and tire rotation and the lady told me about the TomTom update also. I told her what I found out and she thought it was interesting.

Just got back, and yup, they verified the version numbers and this is what's on the report:
IMG_20140214_091033.jpg

So we need to still get on them to unlock the software a bit more...doubt it will ever happen though. The safety lock is truly the opposite...

Got mine back with the same results and I didn't need a new SD card to do this. It's was automatic with Tom Tom home. I guess Mazda assumes lot of people don't bother with updates. I just hope the annoying safety screen automatically disappears with the next update.

Got mine back with the same results and I didn't need a new SD card to do this. It's was automatic with Tom Tom home. I guess Mazda assumes lot of people don't bother with updates. I just hope the annoying safety screen automatically disappears with the next update.

Somehow I doubt it. That annoying screen is totally useless. Sometimes I think people who design this stuff never really use the devices. Just a silly step to have to accept before getting to something useful. I can see it coming up one time after installation perhaps, but every time you start up the car is ludicrous!

I'll admit, it is a pain acknowledging the terms of use every time. Instead of just complaining here (which is a good thing) lets also all individually email TomTom to let them know. Realistically, is acknowledging this agreement every time necessary? I'm just blindly hitting the OK button now and not even thinking about the reason behind it so why have it pop-up at all? I'm sending my email tonight.

I'll admit, it is a pain acknowledging the terms of use every time. Instead of just complaining here (which is a good thing) lets also all individually email TomTom to let them know. Realistically, is acknowledging this agreement every time necessary? I'm just blindly hitting the OK button now and not even thinking about the reason behind it so why have it pop-up at all? I'm sending my email tonight.

Agreed. I just sent it to TomTom.

They don't care if it is a pain. They just want to be able to say in court that the end user agrees to the terms each and every time they use it, so Tom Tom is not responsible for any damages to person or property if the user has an accident.

They don't care if it is a pain. They just want to be able to say in court that the end user agrees to the terms each and every time they use it, so Tom Tom is not responsible for any damages to person or property if the user has an accident.

They can easily state that in the Terms of use. You the user should read it once and be responsible for your actions thereafter. Sounds simple to me.

edit: Being told more than once is nagging too me ;-)

Last edited:
Agreeing to the terms each time isn't too bad. When it becomes annoying is when the voice commands are completely disabled until the user presses the button on the screen (which effectively defeats the "safety" feature of voice commands.) Once I've been forced to reach over and press the lower right corner of the screen (which is the farthest point on the screen for my arm to reach), I might as well use my finger to put select a route (or whatever.)

Here is my question to TomTom:

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the Terms of Usage pop-up which appears every time I start my Mazda CX-5 NB1 system? I understand the terms, I do not need to acknowledge them every time. If there is no way to disable it can this option be added in the next software update? There is a lot of talk on a Mazda forum about this issue and many people feel the same as I do. Please let me know what can be done.

Sincerely,
_______

Got an answer from TomTom Support today:

Thank you for contacting Tom Tom Customer Support, We really appreciate your feedback, we are already working on the software to avoid this option on the next updates of the application, I apologize for the inconvenience and we Hope we can fix this soon.

Should you require any further assistance, or have any questions or comments, please respond back to me from this email.

You may update your incident at _____

It looks like TomTom might have an option to turn the Terms of Use off in the near future. That's all I need to hear.

It looks like TomTom might have an option to turn the Terms of Use off in the near future. That's all I need to hear.

Guess what. It's totally possible because it was LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Before the Safety Lock update (10.851), version 10.850 and lower, the Terms and Agreements page would GO AWAY AFTER 10 SECONDS automatically.

Back