New Mazda 2!!!

geckothing

:
Mazda2
So i have had a green Mazda 2 for the past 3 years. Touring edition, auto trans.

Just got a new 2 yesterday. Black sport with a manual trans.

i-8XZpKPn-L.jpg

So my question is, has anyone experimented with 17's on the 2? if so, what tire size has worked well.

My planned upgrades are going to be the corksport lowering springs, short shifter, and exhaust. Friend of mine is going to make me a custom cold air intake setup.

And that's just the beginning.

So i have had a green Mazda 2 for the past 3 years. Touring edition, auto trans.
So my question is, has anyone experimented with 17's on the 2? if so, what tire size has worked well.

Welcome (back/again?). Head on over to the tire and wheel section and look around, I know there are guys running 17's.

I am sure you could and they would look good, but you are going to add weight which is a bad thing for this or any small light weight car. You can go to DTD or TR and I think they will show you 17 that will work on the car.

i would get NB miata 16" wheels. light, oem, inexpensive, and perfect fit for a mazda2.

I went with 16s, and with the tires included, they ended up 3 pounds a piece lighter than the OEM touring 15s. It's true that any weight savings is a bonus in a low-powered momentum car. However, I have yet to hear of anyone with 17s complaining about sluggish side effects. The suggestions above are a good place to start, but you also have to follow what design and proportions appeal to you.

Back