New Map Disk Coming Soon

If you go to www.Onlinemazdaparts.com you can search for the part:
GP9A66DZ0C

It is MSRP of $342 from Mazda. Not sure where the guy from ebay found his discs, but they are cheaper. I just bought one.

You are correct in all your other findings. Navteq makes the map data, then Mazda uses it to create their DVD. In this case, Denso makes the GPS, so Denso actually creates the DVD for Mazda.

If you look at the versions above, it looks like new map data and some new OS stuff. Maps are dated 2007 ver 2, vs. 2006 Ver 1.

I should be getting my DVD by the end of the week, so I can report on what looks new.

As far as updating the GPS/disc update. I think Shaz just had the Dealer put the DVD in for him, because he was nervous about installing it.
Again, I'll report back when I get mine.

so - if this is all true, then it's even MORE infuriating that my DEALERSHIP, NAVTEQ and MAZDA CORPORATE were all giving information that contradicts that the disc mentioned above exists.

I plan on printing that page that shows the disc, part number & price and show it to my service/parts people tomorrow morning. This is ridiculous that nobody there has any right answers.

Actually, I went to that site. Here is what I got for this part no.

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
GP9A66DZ0C $342.75 $0.00 $274.20
Electrical - Navigation system components - Compact disc
Compact disc 2006 - 2008
Add to Cart Contact Us
Electrical - Navigation system components - Disc
Disc 2007 - 2008
Add to Cart Contact Us
Electrical - Navigation system components - Disc
Disc 2007 - 2008

I've got three positions for one item number, with different dates. It could be just one disk, the one we have in our Mazdas already. I hope I'm wrong...

If your mazda is the same as mine.. It probably has an "A" at the end, rather then a C. If you go to calibration/map version, it probably says "750/2006 ver 1." like mine.

The C version is what Shaz got, and his version number is 1100/2007 v2. I'll update everyone on my disc when I get it later this week. I'll see if I can see any differences using my PC as well

the dealership and mazda corporate won't be helpful on this regard. at any rate, I'm not sweating it since I didn't pay that ridiculous $342. I wll update everyone when I cruise this weekend.

If your mazda is the same as mine.. It probably has an "A" at the end, rather then a C. If you go to calibration/map version, it probably says "750/2006 ver 1." like mine.

The C version is what Shaz got, and his version number is 1100/2007 v2. I'll update everyone on my disc when I get it later this week. I'll see if I can see any differences using my PC as well

my version is 1000 2006 v2

was at the dealership dropping-off the car... checked with the parts department and sure-enough... that "part-number" is in their system. Available to be ordered.

SHAZ:

I don't condone this kind of thing (wink-wink), but if you wanted to recoup on your investment, you "could" use an application on your PC to "clone" that disc... making the data ready to burn to DVD-R media. And I bet there would be lots of underhanded people (not unlike myself) that would be happy to purchase said copies for a nominal fee.

Again - I know that would be WRONG...! Just saying that SOME people would do something like that.

;)

Heheheh...

hintedy-hint-hint

Finally, my dealership uploaded the new map disc GP9A-66-DZ0C for free (part of warranty, I guess) and has the following numbers after you toggle Navigation setup->calibration->map version:

2007 Ver. 2

Ok.. So either Shaz has a different DVD or he is full of C$$p. hmm.. I doubt he was purposely misleading.. so something is funky.

I loaded up the GP9A 66 DZO C (K4238) disc on my CX-7. It is newer than my DVD but it only shows the following from the calibration/Map Version screen:

2006 Ver. 2

I did notice that when I loaded the disc it updated the firmware or OS on my nav system, though. I'm guessing 1000 vs. 1100 probably isn't a big difference, but I'm still a little annoyed. I was hoping to have something with 2007 maps.

I guess 1000 vs 750 is some kind of upgrade.

BTW.. I went through all the menus and the interface didn't look any different to me.

Last edited:
@ Mogulman:

Dude, I'm not misleading anybody. I'm not getting any personal gains out of anybody even if I am making this up. Nor have I posted that the version I have is better or the most updated.

I was able to buy this item from a seller on eBay for way cheaper than the retail price or cheaper than what you got for that matter. I paid $35 shipped. If it was selling for $100 and up, I probably won't do it. I just got lucky to find it that cheap. OK, I still haven't played with it extensively to see if there are updated roads/map. But there are some streets and locations/POIs that are there which were not there before and this is my goal from this update. I'm not gonna whine because I didn't pay $100 like you did but I do understand the frustration.

It's in your discretion if this update would merit for you to purchase but for all doubters out there like Mogulman and CX7Scott, here are pics to prove that I am not making this up or that I am full of crap:

CURRENT DISC UPDATE GP9A 66 DZOC:

IMG_0908.jpg

MAP VERSION:

mapversion-1.jpg

NAVIGATION MENU:

navmenu.jpg

I took those pics from a camera phone just tonight. If you want me to take some more pics specifically the map views and other features, just let me know. Mogulman, hope the pics recants your post that I am full of crap, LOL

Last edited:
I don't really think you are full of crap, but something sucks!

My disc is the same model #. I'm going to take a pic of it.

I'm going to try reading it in my PC, too, and see what the dates are on the files.

Here is the pic. Everything looks identical to yours...oops... I do see something different...

Yours is 464210-8243. Mine is 464210-8242.

Crap... Oh well..

BTW.. I think it is just POI, Addresses, streets that are updated.

So.. anyone else who buys a disc. Make sure it is 464210-8243.

BTW.. the 464210-82xx number is the Denso model number. The GP9A number is the Mazda model #. Figures they didn't bother to update the model number.

I loaded the disc into my PC. The volume is called 464210-8242.
There is a version.txt file. It says 2006 ver. 2.

Most of the files are from 9/2006. The Loading.KWI file and a few other files are from 4/25/2007. So it looks like my disc is from early 2007.

Shaz... Any chance you want to zip up the contents of your disc and put it somewhere? :)

Shaz, can you point me in the right direction on eBay for that disk? I've never shopped on there and wouldn't know how to find that listing you referenced.

Thanks, Vince.

It isn't on there anymore. It was only 1 disc. I've been looking for the same version disc for the last few weeks. No one has it for sale.

Back