New Lexus LS

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
erd6o4.jpg

erd6qq.jpg

erd6rl.jpg

That is the new lexus LF-S which is supposed to be the replacement for the LS. Is there an article to go along with this? Also that is the hybrid version shown. hence the h at the end ;) Lexus will have a whole fleet of Hybrid cars at the end of next year. The IS250 Hybrid is coming so is the GX480 H Ohh I can not wait to start working on those....

mp3josh said:
That is the new lexus LF-S which is supposed to be the replacement for the LS. Is there an article to go along with this? Also that is the hybrid version shown. hence the h at the end ;) Lexus will have a whole fleet of Hybrid cars at the end of next year. The IS250 Hybrid is coming so is the GX480 H Ohh I can not wait to start working on those....

There was no article but I'll look for one.

<TABLE class=ImageBox><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>2005 Tokyo: LF-Sh concept shows a new, sharp look for Lexus

MARK RECHTIN | Automotive News
Posted Date: 10/24/05
TOKYO -- Lexus, seeking a design theme to challenge Mercedes-Benz and BMW, unveiled a new look for its flagship sedan.

The LF-Sh concept gives a peek at the redesigned LS 460 production car, due next spring.

Kazuo Okamoto, executive vice president for r&d of Toyota Motor Corp., said the LS 460 will have a newly engineered V-8 engine, as well as an all-wheel-drive hybrid V-8 edition with the equivalent power of a 6.0-liter V-12.

Lexus sources also have confirmed a long-wheelbase edition.

But the car's styling is as important as its mechanicals. The new edition continues Lexus' expressive "L-Finesse" theme. Lexus wants a family resemblance that avoids small, medium and large versions of the same car.

Okamoto, who was closely involved in engineering the first- and second-generation LS sedans, compared the sharpness of the concept car's surface to a Japanese sword.

"It is not at all like any other car," he said. "The flagship's driving performance, compared to the (Mercedes) S class or (BMW) 7 series, can excel over these other makes. The generation to come will have the same impact and shock as the first generation LS 400."

Okamoto said the sedan is an important step to move Lexus from a luxury brand to a prestige brand.

Shiro Nakamura, design chief at Nissan Motor Co., said the LF-Sh is "sportier, with more emotion" than the current edition.

"It's well managed," Nakamura said. "It has a very nice surface, beautiful proportions and nice detail everywhere."

source:http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103436

erd6rl.jpg

04_5series.jpg
The front end and the rear look great and look nothing like a 5 series but the lexus profile does have some 5 in it.

mikeyb said:
erd6rl.jpg

04_5series.jpg
The front end and the rear look great and look nothing like a 5 series but the lexus profile does have some 5 in it.

the similarities are how the trunklid and taillights finishes the profile of the car, the shape of the C-pillar, and the very pronounced (and tall) belt line running through the whole car

basically everything that's nice about the new 5-series, without all the quetionable Bangle styling, very nice (thumb)

This weekend I went to the Taste of Lexus Test drives, and they had the coupe version of that, and it looks ******* HOT!!! I got to drive the hell out of some IS350's. I must have ran that Autocross course like 15 times!!!

LinuxRacr said:
This weekend I went to the Taste of Lexus Test drives, and they had the coupe version of that, and it looks ******* HOT!!! I got to drive the hell out of some IS350's. I must have ran that Autocross course like 15 times!!!

A coupe version?

Back