NEW Injen Cold Air Intake for Gen 3 6

Monkee

:
2014 Mazda 6
I purchased Injen's CAI for my 2014 Mazda 6. CEL kept coming on and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Injen said that a few have had this problem. I gave them my 6 for R&D to remedy this problem and I was just called up by Injen that testing is now done. I have the NEW prototype and with a repositioned sensor it now has gains of 16 HP and 16 in torque. The current model was putting out 6 HP and 6 pounds if torque. (Don't quote me on the numbers...I was talking to the tech while at work)

I'll be taking my 6 on a road trip for testing and report back to Injen on Monday. They are confident that "this is it." If the demand for the intake is good, an exhaust system is to follow.

I'll keep you all posted and I'll get all stats from Injen and post pics.

Glad to hear someone has figured it out. I was one of the "lucky" ones that got to beta test the CorkSport SRI. It was throwing CELs and made the car run like absolute crap (seriously felt like it lost 50hp and would buck and stutter). They actually wanted me to pay a 20% restocking fee and pay for return shipping to send back a defective product. Since then they've fixed all their web pages and blog stating that they now have it available for the 2014 6.

I purchased Injen's CAI for my 2014 Mazda 6. CEL kept coming on and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Injen said that a few have had this problem. I gave them my 6 for R&D to remedy this problem and I was just called up by Injen that testing is now done. I have the NEW prototype and with a repositioned sensor it now has gains of 16 HP and 16 in torque. The current model was putting out 6 HP and 6 pounds if torque. (Don't quote me on the numbers...I was talking to the tech while at work)

I'll be taking my 6 on a road trip for testing and report back to Injen on Monday. They are confident that "this is it." If the demand for the intake is good, an exhaust system is to follow.

I'll keep you all posted and I'll get all stats from Injen and post pics.

16hp and 16tq? Is there any proof to this? I seriously doubt you would see gains like that on a n/a car. Those look like turbo numbers and even then that's a bit high. To be honest even the 6hp and 6tq seems a bit off. Can you ask for dyno graphs to prove their numbers? The CEL are most likely being thrown due to the position of the sensor causing data recorded to be in conflict to acceptable range. Do you know if it's running to rich or lean? Where is it located on the cai as opposed to the stock? It doesn't appear that enough R&D was completed if they haven't figured correct positioning of a sensor. Just my 2 cents.

16hp and 16tq? Is there any proof to this? I seriously doubt you would see gains like that on a n/a car. Those look like turbo numbers and even then that's a bit high. To be honest even the 6hp and 6tq seems a bit off. Can you ask for dyno graphs to prove their numbers? The CEL are most likely being thrown due to the position of the sensor causing data recorded to be in conflict to acceptable range. Do you know if it's running to rich or lean? Where is it located on the cai as opposed to the stock? It doesn't appear that enough R&D was completed if they haven't figured correct positioning of a sensor. Just my 2 cents.

Like I said...don't quote me on the numbers...16 may have been my wish numbers. He could have said 8 and I wanted to hear 16, lol. I'll get all the info when I report back on Monday. I wanted him to say 30 HP...but that would have been crazy.

Drove home from Injen tonight and YES, you can feel the power. 0-60 came quick with great pick up and 60-80 was even faster. After the drive, I popped the hood and the tube felt super cool. The sensor placement has changed, the bends are different, vacuum hose bung seems larger, and filter seems larger. Here are some pics.

image-67.jpg

image-68.jpg

image-69.jpg

PM me if you are interested in a K&N drop in filter...I'm selling mine cheap.

Do you know if they have numbers from their R&D? I speculate that they probably don't.

I'll be getting that dyno plot on Monday. It a huge difference. I put 260 miles on yesterday. Drive in traffic, opened it up along the coast, drove up hill, canyons...had to overtake several weekend drivers...60-80 is like a blink. The feel is big horses big torque. Numbers will tell the truth.

Last edited:
For those who have purchased the original Injen intake with the sensor on top of the tube, please contact Injen and they will replace your tube with the new one. If you have any questions please PM me or contact Injen directly.

For those who have purchased the original Injen intake with the sensor on top of the tube, please contact Injen and they will replace your tube with the new one. If you have any questions please PM me or contact Injen directly.

Yes, you are our guinea pig:))) Tell us so we know if you did that dyno or no

Speak of the devil...this was just emailed to my phone PDF...iPhone....middle of work...best I could upload...

Dyno plot of my car. Quote on email..."notice the conditions, others will get better results with cooler conditions."

image-80.jpg

looks like 156.8 hp to 165.6 hp & 161.05 tq to 170.98 but it's small and somewhat blurry

about 9hp and 11tq

sorry to ask a stupid question, but how does the intake get "cold" air if it's down by the engine with now forced cold air. There's no air inlet down there or did you fabricate something? I'm betting if you were to cut slots in the fog light house and channel air in through there, you'd see some BIG numbers pop on your dyno. Correct me if I'm worng...

It is a high pressure area by the wheel well and front grill away from the radiator. Keep in mind that the 4-2-1 header is not in that area and on the side of the engine facing the firewall. The factory airbox grabs air from a similar area but with a small narrow duct about the radiator cowl. So, yes the injen would be slightly more efficient. Though no where near enough to make a considerable difference in performance.

I now think there's a good reason not to have fog lights. On my old VW CC, before it got wrecked by someone, it had a similar set up and front face and grill. I cut slots on the front foglight housing to force cold outside air in through a filter protected slot, and then into the cold air intake that dropped down to that area. THAT was a noticable difference. The sound that came from it alone was worth the effort...

Nevermind I looked it up. There is some law that they cannot void a car's warranty unless they can prove the modified part is somehow the cause of the issue.

Just curious, is the CAI a good first choice when deciding to add HP to your car?

Latest posts

Back