New in Vancouver; MD iPod hookup?; decent snow tires?

dascher

Hi all.

Just shook hands on a yellow 2002 P5, will be picking up tomorrow. I have two questions already:

1) it has a stock cd player, which has an MD input mode. Where's the connector for that, and what would I need to hook up my iPod to it? [ignore that, found the other thread]

2) The PO says he never changed the tires (the car has 96k on it). The tread on the edge of the tires is basically gone, the tread in the middle is ok. The car has never been driven aggressively from what I can tell. I'll have to check more carefully on the state of those tires, but I'm expecting to get two new sets: one set of winter tires immediately, and a different set in the summer.

As much as I'm looking forward to a more fun-driving car than my current MB 300TE, I'm not going to be pushing the car, so I'm happy to consider alternatives to the low-profile defaults, especially for winter driving. Any recommendations that would be available in Vancouver, BC? (There's no cheap online store in canada that I know).

Cheers!

--david

Last edited:
Getting 15" rims and using 195/65R15 tires?

I just had an idea... I'd bought new winter tires last year for the 300TE -- they're 195/65R15s. Would it make sense to get used 15" rims for the P5, and use those tires as my snow tires?

Back