new in dash for the 3's

G'day I'm from Australia, and interested to find out whether anyone knows whether the CarAdvanced unit will work in Australia model Mazda 3s OR has anyone in Australia installed one of these?

Thanks, Jordan.

hello leejordan, we have sold many of these units to Australia: http://www.caradvanced.com/products/For-Mazda3-Digital-Touch-Screen-GPS-DVD-Bluetooth-Radio-Ipod-ready%2C-etc.html
It fits and works perfectly to Australian model.
If there are a lot of people interested in this product, we can organize a GB of this product with rear camera included or u can get it in our web site :)

If u have any problem with a unit from a Chinesse company, you have to pay the shipping cost to send and return the unit from China. $80 + $80 = $160 more and it doesnt include your duty taxes. If u buy from us, you just pay to send the unit to us and we cover the shipping cost to send it back.

I just got an Email from the vendor I bought the FlyAudio from. They are having a clearance on the Mazda 3 piece, they are sending me a check for the difference. If anyone is thinking about it, it's worth checking out and really competitive (price) for all the features you get.

I'm waiting for a 2nd hand 3 GT Sport to come in at a local dealer. They told me they're getting Mazda 3 specific double DIN OEM GPS screens with Bluetooth, stereo,etc soon and I'm wondering if anyone here has one of these OEM screens and how well they work compared to some of these after market products?
I'm wondering if I should get it or just go for something after market.

I'm waiting for a 2nd hand 3 GT Sport to come in at a local dealer. They told me they're getting Mazda 3 specific double DIN OEM GPS screens with Bluetooth, stereo,etc soon and I'm wondering if anyone here has one of these OEM screens and how well they work compared to some of these after market products?
I'm wondering if I should get it or just go for something after market.

Most dealerships in my area carry 2 or 3 lines of in dash, vehicle specific products. They are not OEM systems, they are aftermarket. The dealers usually buy thru a 3rd party expeditor or installer. Most dealerships buy Rosen, Myron Davis, or the FlyAudio. I know the local Toyota and Honda dealership both carry Rosen and FlyAudio. The dealers probably won't tell you the brand name of the product, because they want to make it seem exclusive as if they are the only ones selling it. Also, they know that you can go online and buy the product for less. Most dealerships sell the in dash navigations for $1500-$2500 USD, so they have alot to lose if you can buy it somewhere for $800. At the end of the day, it's the same product.

Most dealerships in my area carry 2 or 3 lines of in dash, vehicle specific products. They are not OEM systems, they are aftermarket. The dealers usually buy thru a 3rd party expeditor or installer. Most dealerships buy Rosen, Myron Davis, or the FlyAudio. I know the local Toyota and Honda dealership both carry Rosen and FlyAudio. The dealers probably won't tell you the brand name of the product, because they want to make it seem exclusive as if they are the only ones selling it. Also, they know that you can go online and buy the product for less. Most dealerships sell the in dash navigations for $1500-$2500 USD, so they have alot to lose if you can buy it somewhere for $800. At the end of the day, it's the same product.

Thanks bud, I appreciate the quick response. I guess I'll wait and see what they have to offer. My contact is willing to sell it to me for $500 Cdn brand new so I guess it might be a good deal. If/when I get it I'll be sure to post an update here and if he agrees, I'll post where I'm getting it from if he can match that price for others.
(On a side note he also mentioned that the 3 doesn't come with HID/Xenon headlights but he's getting full HID lights in housings for $200 installed. I'll have to check the other sub forums here to see if that's a good price or not.)

Man I've read through 308 posts....that was a good way to kill an evening :p

I need some help....I am seriously interested in the CarAdvanced unit but I need to know 100% that the steering wheel controls on a 2004 Mazda 3 will work with the unit. Can anyone confirm this for me?

I also want to know that if I do not connect the stock LCD screen to the unit, the unit will still function properly.

While I'm on the topic...is there any cheaper prices out there for the same unit?

Last edited:
Back