new HIDs, woohoo

diablo69

i got the xtec 6000k kit, it's awesome, never going back to halogens again.
IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

Yeppers...

Those were some great shots! (wow) What was the total cost? Difficult to install?

I've never seen real Xenon's

Would those be comparible to the Xenon option on the MZ3. I ordered them but have never seen them in person. BTW, Those look really good and they light up the road great.

sbxxxvipats said:
Would those be comparible to the Xenon option on the MZ3. I ordered them but have never seen them in person. BTW, Those look really good and they light up the road great.

hmm.. thoseare very good, but the OEM ones are whiter and have a better spread/area coverage.... mabye cos of the optics?

Its because he has 6000K .....more blue but less light output...
The higher you go into the Kelvins you sacrifice light output for color....I think the highest they go is 12000K which is like really deep blue or purple but a lot less light.
Most Factory HIDs are 4200K It is the whitest and brightest light.

Last edited:
CometVR4 said:
Its because he has 6000K .....more blue but less light output...
The higher you go into the Kelvins you sacrifice light output for color....I think the highest they go is 12000K which is like really deep blue or purple but a lot less light.
Most Factory HIDs are 4200K It is the whitest and brightest light.

yeah like 4300k = 3200lumens 5000k = 3000 6000k = 2800, or something like that. i wouldn't go any higher then 6000k, i originally ordered a 5000k kit but they sent me 6000k, but i'm happy with it.

I just installed my 6000K last week. I'm loving it but I might switch out the bulbs for 5300K. I still love the blue but i want a little bit more white.

I just ordered my Xtec 6000K kit from Xenonexpert too, so I'm hoping they will be off the hook. I've seen some sweet HID's on the road. I saw an escalade w/ lights that were beautiful. If this kit has that hue/tint, I will be off the rocker.

Most of the shots I have seen for the 6000K kit have been excellent. People with the 6000K kit also say that light output is still great, despite having less lumens than a 4000 or 5000K kit. And, way better than halogens nonetheless, which is what really counts. When my kit comes, and I install them I will post some pics too. I can't wait to see them. Best looking HID's!!!! This will be so money.

:)

I have to agree with this upgrade, it is incredible! I just had my XTec 5000K kit installed this past weekend and I vow never to go back to halogens ever again. You can literally say "I have seen the light". I had to pay to get them installed because we must have daytime running lights up here (the DRLs would make the HIDs flicker) so I had my DRLs rewired to foglights. I love how the HIDs start off white with a slight bluish-green tinge and then turn a brilliant white as soon as they've warmed up.

Bought a 4100K Polarion Philips Kit Xenon Expert. Oliver offers some great customer service and everything went well. I got them installed this past weekend and I'll echo what everyone has said here. Amazing light output especially with our stock projectors. The 4100K is very OEM looking with a clean white light. I don't like the blue or purple hue from 5000K and 6000K. The 4100K gives off the best light output.

bluntman said:
I have to agree with this upgrade, it is incredible! I just had my XTec 5000K kit installed this past weekend and I vow never to go back to halogens ever again. You can literally say "I have seen the light". I had to pay to get them installed because we must have daytime running lights up here (the DRLs would make the HIDs flicker) so I had my DRLs rewired to foglights. I love how the HIDs start off white with a slight bluish-green tinge and then turn a brilliant white as soon as they've warmed up.

What do you mean by "flicker"??

My HIDs go through like 3 stages when they warm up....I see a bright flash and It scares me at first b/c I think the bulb burned out and I don't really see the ground that well. Then a few seconds later they turn to a really intense blue then a few min later it levels off to a Pure white with a hint of blue/purple.

CometVR4 said:
What do you mean by "flicker"??

My HIDs go through like 3 stages when they warm up....I see a bright flash and It scares me at first b/c I think the bulb burned out and I don't really see the ground that well. Then a few seconds later they turn to a really intense blue then a few min later it levels off to a Pure white with a hint of blue/purple.

We have to have daytime running lights up here in Canada. In order to accomplish this (lower than normal light output of low beam headlights), the computer flickers the halogen bulbs at a very fast rate. This fools the eye into thinking that the light output is lower than normal. Halogen bulbs are able to flicker, HID bulbs cannot as fast as the halogens. Because of this, the flickering is more pronounced, that's probably why we don't have HIDs as an available option up here in Canada.

Back