New here!

Gvineprotege

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #274
Hi everyone. Been reading about my MSP on here for months, but never signed up. (well, I did, but lost the account info) So here I am.
I have MSP number 274 and have
-swapped out the wheels
-Thrown in H&R Springs
-Installed Cross Drilled and slotted Rotors from 88 Rotors
-High flow cat
-Hayame Cat back
-STI front lip
-A couple different gauges
-and then I have an Intake coming in Sunday, and a Short shift that should show up whenever UPS decides I can have it.

I'm still learning about the platform as well as cars as a whole. I understand basics but I'm here to ask questions. Especially about tuning in the near future.

Then here's a link to some pictures of my car, kinda in timeline order. Not exactly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97209727@N07/

Thanks! The looks get complimented from the DFW Mazda guys, Then I tell em the problems and they smirk a little lol.

There are a handful of MSP issues but if you know enough about them and fix them early on you have nothing to worry about. I have had 3+ relatively trouble free and very fun years of driving my MSP daily.

I mean, a few have been minor. (like the CEL the other day) then others are either major, or just perplex me. For instance, The transmission decided it was going to go into the fetal position about a year and a half ago. which sucked, And now Transmission number 2 is being passive aggressive about staying in 5th on the free way lol.

The 5th gear synchro is bad? Is it a junkyard/used trans? I know a lot of people don't but I love my MSP and have had great luck with it.

Latest posts

Back