New here... the P5 has become FUN again

fLaPjAk

Hey, Alex here from Toronto (Canada)!

I recently signed up for the forum after taking advantage of the hot weather the summer finally brings... doing a lot of reading over the last few days and feel great. Why?

Well, the car has been owned from 2003 and since then its had its ups and downs...

More recently, the downs. After taking the car to the dealership for EVERYTHING (except for headlight replacements) I am finally proud to say (with the help of my buddy) that will be NO MORE.

Today, we installed a new passenger side lower control arm, end link, cleaned the headlights (piss yellow they were), new battery, rotated the tires and (paid $80CDN) to align the car.

THIS CAR FEELS BRAND NEW AGAIN WOW!!!!

The steering wheel is SUPER TIGHT -- does NOT budge anymore. Prior to today, the wheel would be uncontrollable, turning was horrid (like a corolla!), braking was slow and driving in the night was almost blind...

I completely forgot how fun and great this car is suspension/turning wise from stock!

Well after 7 years of just driving this thing stock it's time for a change... and paying the stealership no more, the things we did today alone has saved me over $700CDN... yes.

I have already ordered a set of Morimoto Bi-Xenon Minis and will be doing a full retro-fit for HIDs mid-June.

Getting a Kenwood 4 channel up to power new fronts and a 10" in the back.

All thanks to doing the work myself. This may seem VERY stupid to most but this is the first time I've decided to work on MY CAR.

ZOOM ZOOM F*CKING ZOOM! I FEEL GREAT! (humpleg)

THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!!!

congrats!! This is a prime example of how people can appreciate their cars more when they do the work themselves.

Thanks everyone! Now that I'm hooked and can feel the way this car is supposed to handle corners I can't resist the temptation to get some springs. It's a shame the car is auto, however... :(

The only thing more shameful than it being automatic would be having a broken shift fork or ****** up gears in the manual from trying to prove how much better manual is vs. auto.

all this nom nom delivered today.... seeeeeeeen

4688689346_f98ebff2b9_b.jpg

You know I wish you would've gone through me but it looks like you're doing fine by yourself. Nice job and enjoy the retrofit. :D

You know I wish you would've gone through me but it looks like you're doing fine by yourself. Nice job and enjoy the retrofit. :D

I wish too, but shipping headlights to Canada = not feasible...

But let it be known, whatever I am doing here I am doing because of what I saw Matt V do... so a) its his fault, and b) i'd better do this good I have big shoes to fill

4718940239_39a49a23db_b.jpg

Crappy iPhone picture -- will get proper pics soon to show cutoff band, etc.

Retro complete. Thanks Matt V for your inspiration, assistance and help!

took your advice, got the progress 22mm rear sway on the cheap
autoexe replica front lip as well
now just need fog deletes and to lower her

4767295099_8612dee443.jpg

Did this on the weekend, going to take it off this weekend to spray bomb it however

you can see the HID retrofit as well, cutoff pic on previous page

Last edited:
Back