New here! Need some help

Ctalbot6983

:
2003 Mazda protege5
Chris here. Have 03 Mazda protege5 with 300k on it. Just finished replacing cv joints, wires and plugs, valve cover gasket, and hear oil in transmission.

Question: upon pulling it out of garage and 1st test drive, my front brakes are squeeling! Like wake your neighbors squealing. I took car down driveway, about bought right back into garage. I pumped brakes thinking a frozen caliper but no luck. I didn't do anything to brakes while disassembled, except move brake line from clip by strut. Any advice?

Also. Read some posts on here that the service manual can be downloaded from this site? Can someone tell me where I find it?

Can you be more specific as to what part that is? I'm not familiar with the dust/dirt shield. Thank you!

It's the half moon metallic plate behind the hub in the pic below:

12_right_caliper_disc_removed_zpsed303dab.jpg

It could also be the pad abutment clips in the caliper bracket or the V shaped anti-rattle clips.

See how your wheel hub is a Nice Golden rusty brown color? I don't think it's the brakes but I could be wrong.

Never mind. Not ever sure it is your picture.

At what speed Is this "squealing" happening? Is it the only sound? Is it accompanied with a weird grindy clunky poppy snappy any of those noises?

Back