New here from NJ & Need some advice.

Marc (NJ)

:
2011 CX-9 GT AWD Black/Sand
Hello, Wife and I are considering purchasing a 2011 Grand Touring w/MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE $2,255, NAVIGATION RDS BASED W/REAL TIME TRAFFIC $1,665, POWER LIFT GATE $400 and ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS $125. List is $39,975 Invoice is $36,764. On Edmunds, it's saying there is $500 bonus cash, $500 lender cash & $1000 dealer cash. So does that mean, I could buy the vehicle for $34,764? Looking for some friendly advice. Thanks in advance.

First off, you ARE GOING to buy one! Just a wise tip: The Mazda all weather mats will last 2 - 3 years at most before they start to break apart (at least the front ones will, especially the driver's mat). The Mazda mats look great, but just are not made well. Get mats from Weathertech. They are USA proud, very very USA proud at that and their mats are something to behold. As far as price, 34 is very doable, however it will require a few walk-aways (walk out of the dealer with no deal which salesmen hate and they eventually give in), otherwise you're likely looking more towards 36 without any walk-away.

Hope it works out for you!

If you do end up buying one, another tip: Get a bottle of touch up from the dealer ($3.00) and invest in a clear hood bra (invisible thin bra on the front of the hood).

My driver's all-weather mat already has a hole where the heel of my right foot usually is. The material is not that tough against wear.

Well, Bought the car today (2011 GT AWD). Ended up paying $35,500 +TTL, In addition they gave us all the money for our trade, free first oil change and a free full detailing. The Dealer is Pacifico Mazda in Philly. Highly recommended to anyone in the area.

Welcome Marc and congrats on your new 9! I am sure you are going to enjoy this great vehicle. Our 2009 GT just pushed over the 61K milestone with hardly any repairs at all. We have for the past three years taken her on a "road trip" to see the highways and byways of the Western USA and all without any issues whatsoever. This past trip just completed, we put almost 5500 on the clock. She didn't use a drop of oil and the average MPG was a respectable 18.1. That is with three chubby seniors and all the luggage required for almost of a month of touring (plus two sets of golf clubs). We did lots of long stretch miles between our stops with a combination of flat deserts along with many miles in the Rocky Mountains. The transmission is a dream when you put it in the manual mode. Upshifting and downshifting as the terrain demanded, saving on the brakes when doing the long down grades. I really am pleased with how this car is holding up and look forward to many more years of trouble-free motoring. Now you go out there and put yours through her paces and ENYOY!

Thanks so much. Hopefully we will enjoy it better than the Murano we traded. Good to know the CX-9's are relatively reliable.

Back