New Here/CX-7 Owner/Windshield Defect

dzmia

I'm new to the forums, have been the happy owner of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 for one and a half years. My windshield is blurry - like seeing through a badly tinted glass (I have not done anything to it) - I drove it like that for a while, and finally showed enough other people that agreed there was something wrong with the glass. I took it to my dealer, who had me wait about two months until the "factory rep" was in town, who then took a look at it, agreed that it was bad but said that it was not covered, and my 3-yr warranty had just expired and my extended warranty would not cover it. He said that he could "help" me by paying 50% of the cost if I had it replaced at that dealer...of course I got nothing in writing.. I disagree - a windshield should not deteriorate or be blurry? Shouldn't they do something about it? How can I take this to a higher power? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

definitely should be covered under the 3/36K warranty. I assume it is a defect and not caused by the owner. I would contact the Main Mazda district manager on this safety issue.

I'm out of the 3/36 warranty... but I think it's an item that should still be considered to be replaced by them since it's never supposed to deteriorate?

I have had almost every issue with my car except this one. Basically the service reps at the dealership are the filter between you and Mazda of North America. You can always call Mazda directly and report the dealership.

Latest posts

Back