New guy from SO CAL

drifter2be

:
1991 White MX-5 Miata Hardtop
Hows it going. figured this would be the best place to introduce myself. My name's Joe, I am new to this forum, technically new to Mazdas if you dont count the Ford Probe as a true Mazda. (My first car was an 89 when i was 16 years old.) I recently traded up my 88 Supra for a 91 MX-5 with a hardtop.

I am really enjoying it, and already have my initial mod list for the car ready. Plan on swapping the 1.8L into the car and possibly a 6-speed when time and money permit. For now I just love how the car drives, and am surprised at how quickly the car picks up with the 1.6L in it. Havent had a clear weekend when i wasnt busy to go driving it in the hills outside town, but I'm hoping to do so soon. Feels great just in town.

Here's a few pics of it, one of the day after i got her, and the other three are from yesterday after i got the 16's that have been sitting in my garage for a while on it with some Toyo Proxes tires.

Attachments

• 0121000802.jpg
    0121000802.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 0203001210.jpg
    0203001210.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 0203001210a.jpg
    0203001210a.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 0203001210b.jpg
    0203001210b.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 189
Welcome to the board! It's always good to see a white NA, especially with a hard top :) .

thanks. I thought about repainting it and possibly changing colors, but when i do its gonna stay white.

well, aside from the maintenance and figuring out why my car is bogging on cold starts (think the vane air meter may be sticking a little or a clogged fuel filter) this weekend i'm installing an aftermarket wheel on the car this weekend. The list is pretty much set, my goal is pretty much set (130-145 rwhp), and its a matter of money and time now.

The list is pretty much set, my goal is pretty much set (130-145 rwhp), and its a matter of money and time now.

That's pretty easy to do with a good 99+ 1.8L and a Megasquirt ECU.

That's pretty easy to do with a good 99+ 1.8L and a Megasquirt ECU.

I pretty much decided i was gonna go 1.8L as soon as i started researching and discovered my car was one of the crappy 91's that had the short nose crank engine. I figure if i'm already gonna be stuck swapping the engine out at some point, i may as well spend a little more cash and pick up a better engine that makes more power. I'm saving up/on the prowl for a 99+ drivetrain, including a 6speed and LSD, figuring i should just go all out on this car, but this may get put on hold, I may have just come up on a fox body Mustang with low miles on it for cheap, and if it goes through I'm gonna blow about 3/4 of my car funds i have saved up on it, though i doubt it will happen, given my luck. lol.

Latest posts

Back