New England Rally | August 1-3 '08

NETC_Redd

:
2017 Volkswagen GLI
It's official, Chris and I are going! We'll be the official film crew for the event so we won't be competing in the Poker run but instead running around filming everything :)

http://newenglandrally.com/

1500 miles - 6 States - 3 days

A Poker Run Like No Other!

Join us the first weekend in August of 2008 for the 3rd annual New England Rally!
50 teams of cars and motorcycles will travel nearly 1500 miles through the 6 states of scenic New England.
As a poker style road rally the teams draw a card at each checkpoint with hopes of forming the best poker hand**

We test your navigation skills and endurance while showing you some points of scenic New England that you would normally not visit.

You will not know where the check points are or the route you are going to take. You will be given your destination before you leave the check points and it is up to you to decide the route you are going to take to get there. This is where a good navigator/co-driver comes in.

In 2007 an unforgettable time was had by all! Don't miss out in 2008

**(We will be offering two advertising positions at the end of the rally to the two teams that form the best poker hands. We will also be donating 20% of the advertising budget to the Boy's and Girls Clubs. The advertising budget is 1/6 of the entry fees received at $600.00 per team i.e.: $100.00 per team entered.)

The New England Rally supports two great organizations that help children.

The Boys & Girls Clubs in New England
Youth Crime Watch of America

1. All participants must be 18 years of age and have valid license.

2. All vehicles must be registered and insured.

3. All vehicles must have a current vehicle inspection sticker.

4. All vehicles must have a driver and co driver/navigator.

5. Motorcycles must enter as a team of 2 motorcycles and ride as a team. The team must register at checkpoints at the same time.

6. You will receive your destination at each check point and you will not leave until you are told to.

7. You agree to allow New England Rally to display our sponsor stickers on your vehicle for the entire length of the rally.

8. All deposits are non refundable unless the rally is cancelled.

9. All entries must be paid in full and your entry form must be mailed back by June 1st 2008 (60 days before the rally) or your spot will be passed to the first on the reserve list unless arrangements are made in advance.

10. The 2 teams that forms the 2 best poker hands will be offered an advertising position for the New England Rally. If they choose to accept the position they will be required to display a New England Rally promotional sticker on their vehicle for 1 year. 50% of the advertising budget will be paid as salary to the winner of the best poker hand. 30% of the advertising budget will be paid as salary to the second best poker hand. Projected salaries are $2,500.00 and $1,500.00 if all spots sell. Salaries will be based on the number of teams entered at $100.00 per team.**

I get to be special and know all the checkpoints in advance, as well as being one of the checkpoint people, but I can't tell you where they are :p I CAN tell you that this year is going to be AWESOME with where we're staying and what we're doing :D

Latest posts

Back