New discovery for the 1.6l guys

dude you dont have to watch it, I posted it mainly updating that it still works great and wasn't just a temporary fix. I also posted it to help someone out who is thinking about buying the Celica MAF, and wanted visual proof it fixes the issues of jumpy idle, cel, and crap acceleration.

LOL wait. Im confused. I dont know why i said "ok..." at post 77. I was just being sarcastic about watching the idle. Its all cool though. You have the injen intake right?

i just got a new job, so im gonna be looking into some things.

I have a SRI that stops like right behind the headlight. Keeping the 2.25" SRI on, Ive tried a 2.25" u pipe to relocate the filter where the coolant tank goes for cooler air. It pulled weaker. I then got a hold to a 3" u pipe that i used. It pulled harder donw low like it shud, but then up top, it was poo. Im wondering if the MAF is the cause. Any help on this?

yes, I have the Injen cold air intake. It is 2.5" all the way through. As for your experiment I think it could be partially the maf, and with 2.25" piping all the way you shouldn't see much up high gains, but down low and mid range, the 3" pipe should gain up high not down low, but that's the opposite of what you are experiencing, so I have no idea.

the one on my parents mazda3 has the same code on top of it as the stock protege on "ZL-01" so it's most likely not going to solve any issues.

I dont know what to tell you, if you have access to one of those mafs, see if the owner will lt you test it out on your car. If it cures problems then maybe there is a difference. just going by part no. i dont see how it would be different. Then again the rx-8, m3, and m6 ecus might utilize the information coming from the maf differently.

Also, are the aftermarket intakes for those cars different size the stock?? or the same? if they are the same then we all know there will not be issues, and thats why it appears they do not have these problems

wow, well you cant compare how a turbo car reacts to mods to how a n/a car reacts to mods, im sure the maf setup on the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 can handle the increase in flow, and the ECU knows how to deal with more air.

what is the part number for that celica maf? and could you take a picture of it? i'd like to see if that part is available here. if the corolla or some other toyota car uses it then i can probably buy one for cheap and try it out myself.

yeah, ill get the part number a bit later, i'm in a class right now, and i can post a picture as soon as i make it back to my dorm, The only corolla I know for sure that uses it is the corolla xrs with the 1.8l VVTL-i motor.

thanks. it'll be great if i can get the part number. a toyota dealership is practically next door to where i live right now

i dont have a high quality version of the photo of the maf, but here is one

Attachments

• toyotamaf copy.jpg
    toyotamaf copy.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 273
One last thing, could you type in the markings so that I know I'm getting the exact same one? Thanks.

Toyota
22204-21010
197400-2000
Denso
Made In Japan
03T16

theres everything in order

yeah, about that lol, it got cross threaded before i guess, when i went to change mafs it broke, still held down very well, no leaks

yeah, i dont know, the toyota one has a nice fat o-ring to seal it, so i just pushed it down pretty firm, and then screwed it in being sure not to cross thread it again, but i live in New Hampshire and the roads are absolutely crap, frost heaves, pot holes, cracks, you name it, so my car gets bumped around a lot and it hasnt made the maf come loose, i might look into a screw/bolt extractor this spring and then retap the hole or something to be safe.

Back