New CX7, Salesman said 6 mths free Sirius, I think he lied ?

Booze Guzzler

:
CX-7 and RX-7
Bought a CX7 last weekend. Salesman said I get 6 months free sirius, I can't find that deal anywhere.

Are there any good deals right now ?

Thanks.

I got 6 months free with Sirius. For the second 6 months I paid 54$, and now they ask 184$ for minimum 18 months. There isn't 6 month subscription period any more :)

Sirius works a deal with dealerships, and it comes standard in alot of the new cars. Mazda and Mercedes Benz I know does it for a fact.

Just call Sirius. It takes 5 minutes (you need to be in your CX-7) and you'll be up and running. I did it a week ago.

I got it for more than 6 months...had it free for about a year until I brought it in for a part for the radio and then it went bye bye....I was happy to get the extra 6 months!!

This only works if you have the satelite device connected to your radio as an option.

I have an 08 CX-7 AWD GT with Bose and sunroof and called about this today.

If the receiver device wasn't installed on your CX-7 from the factory or as an add-on at the dealership it won't work.

I was told the parts cost $500 + labor to add this on to my radio. Not worth 6 free months of Serius.

I was hoping this would work, just got the bad news today.

Mike

This only works if you have the satelite device connected to your radio as an option.

I have an 08 CX-7 AWD GT with Bose and sunroof and called about this today.

If the receiver device wasn't installed on your CX-7 from the factory or as an add-on at the dealership it won't work.

I was told the parts cost $500 + labor to add this on to my radio. Not worth 6 free months of Serius.

I was hoping this would work, just got the bad news today.

Mike

Mine was factory installed. I still haven't called yet.

If you ctivate your Sirius online, they will ask you for your VIN. Then, when you get to the screen that asks which plan you want to sign up for, you will see the free six months, along with a discount on other packages.

DIY install

I installed mine myself also it only took me about an hour cause I was being careful hardest part is getting the front dash apart there is alot of clips. I mounted the radio under my rear seat next to my bose amp and didn't have to take off the right rear trim at all ran it down the rear tire well pretty easily. called them up sat in the car for 2 min and I was done but I doubt I will be renewing sirius signal is weak and is interrupted by trees and powerlines too easily.

I paid 250 on ebay but I think I got really lucky most other ones were 325 or so. I just wated to prevent the clutter of a side add on unit but XM service is better in my opinion if you dont care about the little add on.

Back