new custom ms3 exhaust manifold with pics!!!

snapped a couple pictures of the manifold installed. it's a little tricky to get it in but it fits perfectly! still trying to work out my gauge issue...my egt gauge keeps losing power for some reason. on a side note, got new rims and tires installed tonight! and sorry for the poor quality pictures on the rims. took them with a camera phone.

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

rims1.jpg

rims2.jpg

about $1500

to upgrade manifolds to a stock flange? ugh. for that much money you should be throwing a t3 flanged turbo on there and external wastegate!

Also, you should be disabling DSC/TCS to drive and take advantage of the power. Ultimately you'll want to disconnect the SWAS because it can still intrude and rob power unless the SWAS is disconnected.

Those dyno numbers def. look low, even for the middle of summer. Did they have big fans pushing air at the car? You should be at 240whp or so with the mods listed and stock DP on that dyno.

Last edited:
to upgrade manifolds to a stock flange? ugh. for that much money you should be throwing a t3 flanged turbo on there and external wastegate!

Also, you should be disabling DSC/TCS to drive and take advantage of the power. Ultimately you'll want to disconnect the SWAS because it can still intrude and rob power unless the SWAS is disconnected.

Those dyno numbers def. look low, even for the middle of summer. Did they have big fans pushing air at the car? You should be at 240whp or so with the mods listed and stock DP on that dyno.

point taken on the turbo size. my goal isn't huge numbers though. rather, i'm going for a good daily driver setup that's reliable and easy to drive with good engine response. trust me, i've already toyed with the idea of going bigger on the turbo. if anything, i'll go with a re-worked K04. But my goal was 300whp, which i feel is possible with this setup. Going big turbo just opens the door to an even bigger money pit than the car already is!

and yes, i was disappointed to say the least when i saw my dyno results. they did have fans pushing air over the ic. you can see all three of my runs were consistent so heat-soak wasn't really an issue. i've thought about changing out my greddy bov to an hks just to make sure it's not leaking under boost. but it's true what everyone says...the dyno is just a tuning tool. the key will be when i go back for a tune. we'll see how much of a difference my current setup makes!

Going with any sort of reworked k04 is a bad idea, IMO. The K04 is already inefficient at stock boost levels. Raising boost merely makes it more of a hairdryer.
IMO BNR Stage 3 is your best bet for livability but with compressor and turbine wheel combination that is efficient boosting solidly to redline instead of peaking low and boost tapering off.

I know what you mean by your goals...............but let me tell you. I have a GTX3076 I'm running (albeit on a toasted clutch) at 20psi, and I wouldn't go back to stock-sized. The power and potential of this turbo is just insane. I mean, even with crappy tune at 18-19psi I was probably making 320-335whp. And that's with stock exhaust mani and stock cat back exhaust!

Back