New consumer reports reliablility data for 2010 CX9

IslandTractor

:
2010 CX9 GT Silver/Blk
I was browsing Consumer Reports and saw that the 2010 CX9 is now included in the reliability section. Straight A's on everything (full red circles) except for one B (half red circle) for the audio system and a blank circle (average) on "power equipment".

That is pretty impressive and similar to what Honda Accord and Toyota Corolla have received. It is actually a better report than the 2010 Honda Accord got this year. It also is consistent with what True Delta has been reporting for the 2010 year model. Looks like Mazda reliability, already very good, was bumped up even higher in the 2010 revamp.

Last edited:
2010 Reliability

I have about 7000 on mine, and no difficulties of any kind. My stereo is fine, and I don't even have a Bose. I'd give a double red circles for the fun quotient of selectable shifter.

Last edited:
We early adopters already flushed out most of the "bugs" for you folks.
I have had 2 minor issues with my 2008 CX9. Both taken care of at oil changes. No big deal.
1) A/C relay problem
2) rear windows failed to roll down (stuck 1/2 way down)
That is not bad for 34K miles, and almost 3 yrs.

Wisconsin Proud and drchuck, I am with you guys. In fact, I have to back off some of the bass when listening to talk radio, but on music stations or during CD playback, the system performs. I'm wondering if that audio "B" grade was for performance, ease-of-use or appearance? Whatever the case, that was a subjective finding. Two people could listen to the same piece of music and draw totally different conclusions.

With regard to the "B" grade for the audio system in the CR ratings, that presumably reflects complaints about function not quality as CR collects data mostly on repairs. I wonder if it is really even repairs or whether people just go back to the dealer with "problems" getting it to work right. The manual is not all that great (but is just OK) for setting up BT, Sirrus, recordable CDs etc. My phone drops off BT occasionally (?phone vs car problem) so I can see that some of these bleeding edge technologies cause extra incident reports to CR that would not be reported from a plain vanilla AM/FM/single CD player that might be stock in some other vehicles in this class.

Back