New color for '05 SRT-4

MSP4EVER

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
tn_P8070046.JPG

tn_P8070044.JPG

Man, looks like everybody is hopping on the burnt orange band wagon. I think Acura was the first to put it out on a production model quite a few years back, could be wrong about that though. Dodge needs to bring back that crazy light green color they had when the Neons first came out.

Just glad to see that Spicy Orange was a little too radical for any other companies to risk trying and for Mazda to put on other models. :D

nice color...IIRC GM used that color first in 01 on a lot of cars...Camaro, Firebird, Saturn SC2, Cavalier(I think)

protegeV said:
nice color...IIRC GM used that color first in 01 on a lot of cars...Camaro, Firebird, Saturn SC2, Cavalier(I think)
Yeah, I remember when GM did but, Acura did it in the late nineties on the TL and mabey on the CL. I remember because someone down the street from my folks place got one a fews years before I joined the Navy (which was in 99). I think the only reason I remember was because my parents live in a little redneck town no bigger than a postage stamp and all of my neighbors kept bitching about the ugly orange "Jap" car. (You can probably imagine the reaction when I, a local boy, drove the Spicy Orange Speed into town. lol.) But, I remember thinking at the time that Acura had stolen the idea from someone else. I wanna say Mitsubishi had it on the Eclipse or something like that.

I've always thought a burnt orange (darker than that car) would look good on an MSP. I've thought about painting mine even. There's a Civic in town here (actually, the guy has a Protege also and he's on this board) that has the absolute perfect color of burnt orange I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Looks nice, I like that color.

And the copper color was used on the '57 Chevy BelAir. My dad had one that was copper with a cream insert. He sold it in 69 for $600 and keeps kicking himself for doing that. I kick him too for selling it.

Back