New Car

beezmp3

:
MP3
i didn't know where to post this so i thought since i have an mp3 i would put it here. So my fiance and i jus got back from purchasing her a new car, well used but new to her. We got a 2000 Mitshibitshi Montero Sport, silver with grey interior,cd player,fully loaded, very nice. i will get some pics up soon. So tell me what you think.

actually ill tell you what i think. you sound like me and my wife. I have a MP3 and she has a silver 2003 Montero sport limited. pretty nice. nice interior. rides good. not bad gas milage for an suv. we are going to test out the AWD/4WD this thanksgiving when we go to new york. our is pretty loaded, just dont have power seats. all in all its a nice truck

HONESTLY SPEAKING HERE...YOU DON'T WANNA DRIVE MITSU FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS, DO YOU? 50% OF MY FRIENDS' MITSU...NO MATTER WHAT MODELS ARE...HAD COOLANT SUCK INTO ENGINE AFTER 3 YEARS...EXTENSIVE REPAIR REQUIRED...

mx6929 said:
HONESTLY SPEAKING HERE...YOU DON'T WANNA DRIVE MITSU FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS, DO YOU? 50% OF MY FRIENDS' MITSU...NO MATTER WHAT MODELS ARE...HAD COOLANT SUCK INTO ENGINE AFTER 3 YEARS...EXTENSIVE REPAIR REQUIRED...

what about the evo?

well I see plenty of monteros on the road and my buddy has a 199/2000 montero he beat the s*** out of and it was still running fun. plus thats the warranties are for.

i think it's the personal taste...please don't be mad at me but evo is still a LANCER for me...a finely upgraded 30k Lancer...luckily for most people the issue happens under warranty...but not for those good friends of mine...

mx6929 said:
i think it's the personal taste...please don't be mad at me but evo is still a LANCER for me...a finely upgraded 30k Lancer...luckily for most people the issue happens under warranty...but not for those good friends of mine...

different strokes for different folks, I aint mad at cha man. (drinks)

acutally i wasnt even going to go with the montero sport, i was pushing the wife to get the Acura MDX, but when we had the auto show here at Kansas City two years ago, my wife just went from SUV to SUV checking out the interior and exterior of them and from there we went to test driving at the dealerships, and the Montero Sport was the one she choose. I let her chose since she LET me get the MP3. atleast it has good crash test ratings.

Mitsubishi has a bad rep and in top of that check their book value, it goes down fast so if you don't pay fast you end up with a loan bigger than what you can get for the car in case you change your mind

freekwonder said:
different strokes for different folks, I aint mad at cha man. (drinks)
no problem man...;)
that's true...it would be nice for my girl to drive a toyota corolla coz it ain't broke down in the middle of the highway although i don't like toyota sedan's too comfy ride...btw i bought her an used 99' Mazda 626...she loves it...:D maybe we had good experience on our 93 MX-6 so we stick with Mazda...her next one will be a 6 s with manual tranny if i had more income...peace

wolf2632 said:
Mitsubishi has a bad rep and in top of that check their book value, it goes down fast so if you don't pay fast you end up with a loan bigger than what you can get for the car in case you change your mind

i was going to try and convince my wife to get a mazda tribute (she really wanted an SUV for some reason, i dont really like them) but we use to work at the shipping depot for tribute here in Kansas City (you name a color/option/engine package I have drivin it at one point atleast 75 cars a night) but since we worked there she got burnt out on the tributes and quickly said no. I actually would have perferred to get her the F250 she wanted so i could lift it for her. Something about the idea of a 5'9 125lbs woman getting out of a f250 with a 4 inch lift and huge meats on it turns me one :D

Back