new build

kobe kam 5. yellow and white looks great if done correctly ( thinking of the integra type-r in my head). these were black and i plasti-dipped them white.

Alright so iv'e been a little busy lately and haven't really done anything, but I was debating between black rims or white and finally made a decision. I think the badges are the next thing to go black. Also if anyone has suggestions for the best way to smoke taillights/side markers, thanks.
wl4x2w.jpg

2e1hydh.jpg

35k4x14.jpg

2yopxg1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks clean man. Got a question, I have the same SRI, how did you get it secured in place? I see a metal bracket screwed onto your battery tray, is that the only thing that holds your intake tube?

Looks clean man. Got a question, I have the same SRI, how did you get it secured in place? I see a metal bracket screwed onto your battery tray, is that the only thing that holds your intake tube?

Yup. The bracket was a actually a straight piece of metal with holes that came with it. I just bent it to support off the battery tray and it works great with no bumping around. Another thing is it rest slightly on the radiator hose but barely. Ill post a pic of the bracket in the morning

Yup. The bracket was a actually a straight piece of metal with holes that came with it. I just bent it to support off the battery tray and it works great with no bumping around. Another thing is it rest slightly on the radiator hose but barely. Ill post a pic of the bracket in the morning

Looking forward to seeing that, too. I also have the same intake and have been trying to figure out a way to keep it secure - right now, it's held with the liberal use of zipties - and no, I'm not posting a picture, lol. Does yours rub on the master cylinder?

Originally, I tried installing that metal bracket like you have, but with the drilled hole being on one end the only thing screwed on the battery tray, it couldn't carry the weight of the intake tube... yeah pics would be appreciated

Also did some more plasti-dip, anyone know the easiest way to do the badges in the rear?
f08aqc.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing that, too. I also have the same intake and have been trying to figure out a way to keep it secure - right now, it's held with the liberal use of zipties - and no, I'm not posting a picture, lol. Does yours rub on the master cylinder?

No it's doesn't touch the cylinder

Alright so its been a long time since i've done anything due to considering selling the car. I decided not to, but instead to go all out and redo some stuff the right way instead of the cheap way. So the first thing I did was a full cat-back magnaflow system. I forgot to take pics before I installed it but these will do. Btw this system sounds amazing, real deep and not ricer status. The goal is to eventually be show-worthy, unfortunately to do everything I want is going to be like 3-6K. So I guess the key word is EVENTUALLY lol.
2lw2jbc.jpg

30xbp0j.jpg

Here are some random current shots
10h4qpd.jpg

2zoexeg.jpg

qqz75y.jpg

Last edited:
I made a similar bracket for my intake. I am going to take mine off since the engine moves/rocks front to back and the battery tray does not I figure it is a bad idea since it will put stress on the intake system. I am going to move the bracket to an engine or tranny bolt instead.

I made a similar bracket for my intake. I am going to take mine off since the engine moves/rocks front to back and the battery tray does not I figure it is a bad idea since it will put stress on the intake system. I am going to move the bracket to an engine or tranny bolt instead.
good point, I never thought of that. I plan on buying the carbon fiber intake from protegegarage.com pretty soon, so I will def consider that when installing the new one.

Alright so a little update. Mr. Hat1018 is brilliant and this is what happens when you mount your SRI off of the battery tray.(Im holding it up for the pic. It was resting on the hose) Heat+constant rubbing=
zsk9ef.jpg

To fix this I remounted the bracket, but this time attached to the engine and it holds it nicely away from the radiator hoses and the MC in the back.
yl8gz.jpg

vzuc8l.jpg

And this is how it sits now
kb4vtv.jpg

2hxlic2.jpg

Hey was wondering if you installed new headlamp assemblies or cleaned them? they look very new. I must admit I'm a bit envious of your yellow paint, mine is started to get sun damage (fading etc., etc.) on the roof. But the car looks good overall. Are those HID's 8000k?

Hey was wondering if you installed new headlamp assemblies or cleaned them? they look very new. I must admit I'm a bit envious of your yellow paint, mine is started to get sun damage (fading etc., etc.) on the roof. But the car looks good overall. Are those HID's 8000k?

They are the stock lights, I used rubbing compound and a buffing wheel to clean them. The HID's are actually 10000k from amazon.

Nice, I bought the rubbing compound long time ago and forgot I had it. I just installed today kensun's, from amazon as well, 5000k's to replace my old burnt and blocky ballasts, waiting for night fall to try them out. Hopefully they last 4 years like my old ones.

Just finished doing some vinyl. Doesn't look perfect but it was my first try. Cant decide wether or not to keep the gas tank cover though.
14si7o7.jpg

2iktphu.jpg

Last edited:
Car is coming along nicely. I really like the angry bird hanging off your tail end there. How do you go about making these custom vinyl's? I doubt I'll ever do it to the P5. But I've been curious as to how some guy's do a camo wrap on their car.

Back