New body kit

kimosabe

:
msp
I got a new front bumper and lip and it's not fitting as snug as it can or as I want it to. I was wondering if there is some special glue or something to fix the problem, so it has more of the fused look. any info would help, thanks!

Last edited:
It's the standard Mazdaspeed Lip and bumper, my other one got messed up so I ordered a new one. The problem is with the lip fitting over the bumper, it's just not as flush as I would like it.

thats what was on there before, from the factory, so it should
I need a new front bumper as well, please give me all the information you can on as to where you got yours, where it was painted, and how much it all cost! Does it look as good as new? My lip is fine, so I just need the main bumper! Thanks a ton!

Hey Nextruss, The body shop I go to got it from a place in California I think, he said they all come with the dumb reflectors attached to the bumper itself, so now I have to get some clear ones to swap with the orange. He painted it all for me and did an awesome job. I will try to findout if it was just some place that sells the bumper or if they get them straight from Mazda.

hey thanks, i appreciate it! im not sure what reflectors your talking about though, the ones the P5's have on their bumper instead of on the fender?

I have been looking for that tape and I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to locate some of that 3M tape?

Matt

Nextruss said:
hey thanks, i appreciate it! im not sure what reflectors your talking about though, the ones the P5's have on their bumper instead of on the fender?

The msp's have their reflectors on the headlight. The p5's have them on the bumper. And the one on the fender is just a turning signal.

the stuff i use is the 3m tape you can buy at home depo and walmart. look in the tape section by the paint and hard ware. its double side EXTERIOR tape, holds up to like 10 pounds or so. but its not all that sticky UNTIL you take a heat gun to up and get it really gooey and sticky. you only got one shot to get it lined up so make it your best one. then i put something under neath the lip to support it while the tape cures. let it site over night and its on there like no other. hope this helps
f053f5b5-8e78-4775-89fb-07d69b127dc9.gif

kudakev615 said:
the stuff i use is the 3m tape you can buy at home depo and walmart. look in the tape section by the paint and hard ware. its double side EXTERIOR tape, holds up to like 10 pounds or so. but its not all that sticky UNTIL you take a heat gun to up and get it really gooey and sticky. you only got one shot to get it lined up so make it your best one. then i put something under neath the lip to support it while the tape cures. let it site over night and its on there like no other. hope this helps
f053f5b5-8e78-4775-89fb-07d69b127dc9.gif

I have been looking for a tape to hold the latch carbon fiber cover to my trunk.... it is a little warped so with the regular 3m mounting tape it wont stay on and it just pops back off.... im thinking of trying this but if i ever remove it do you think it is going to wreck my paint?

no, just use a heat gun or hair drier to soften the tape to avoid paint damage. for some extra precation, heat it up and soak the tape in bug/tar or sticker removal liquid that you can get at autozone ect

Back