New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Confirmation Bias"? Not even sure what you mean by that.

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses."

I buy the product that works the best for what I need, regardless of platform or company. The fact that some have a hard-on for hating Apple is just hilarious to me. Such a petty thing to squabble about.

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses."
Ah, thanks. So you're totally wrong then. :D
I am the IT Guy where I work. I support phones in my office. I am intimately familiar with iPhone and Android. I like ALL technology. I don't hate Apple. In fact, they do some things really well. I simply prefer Android. But I do like to tease about Appless inferiority.
And we're moving on....

So many rumors have come and gone.

"This fall" well, we have 3 more weeks until falls over.
"Debuting in a new car" not the 17 CX-5. Not the 18 3. Not the 17.5 6. Maybe the diesel like Red said? Could be, right, since the current rumor is 2018. :D
At least a big shot actually talked about it finally? Maybe there is hope for this that want it? Some day...

Lets be clear, this is not an official press release from Mazda. This is no different from the cars.com article that got everyone's hopes up earlier in the year.
Mazda did the exact same thing when announcing the 2017 CX-5. From Mazda's point of view, promising a feature is the same thing as actually having a feature.
If consumers believe their car will be getting an AA/ACP upgrade in the future, that will be enough for many to look past the fact that it doesn't have it when deciding which car to buy.
Mazda understands this, which is why they keep giving the press shady information about the future implementations of AA/ACP. By going this route, they can make consumers believe Mazda cars will get this feature, without having the legal liability of actually having to implement it.

Mazda had plenty of opportunities to announce AA/ACP during the LA auto show. This would be a major announcement, and make many more people interested in buying their cars. Why would they leave that out, if it's something they actually planned on adding?

Last edited:
Lets be clear, this is not an official press release from Mazda. This is no different from the cars.com article that got everyone's hopes up earlier in the year.
Mazda did the exact same thing when announcing the 2017 CX-5. From Mazda's point of view, promising a feature is the same thing as actually having a feature.
If consumers believe their car will be getting an AA/ACP upgrade in the future, that will be enough for many to look past the fact that it doesn't have it when deciding which car to buy.
Mazda understands this, which is why they keep giving the press shady information about the future implementations of AA/ACP. By going this route, they can make consumers believe Mazda cars will get this feature, without having the legal liability of actually having to implement it.

Mazda had plenty of opportunities to announce AA/ACP during the LA auto show. This would be a major announcement, and make many more people interested in buying their cars. Why would they leave that out, if it's something they actually planned on adding?
It's not an official release but better than anything we have been told before.

It's night and day different from the cars.com piece. The quote is actually attributed to a person unlike the cars.com article referencing "Mazda said".

It's night and day different from the cars.com piece. The quote is actually attributed to a person unlike the cars.com article referencing "Mazda said".

Agreed. Not only from a top executive, but one who acknowledges they are late, shouldn’t be, and gives specific commitment to 2018. Sure, he could turn out to be wrong but that would be a whole different order of magnitude from what we’ve been getting prior. This is a real commitment.

Not true. The cars.com article is quoting Mazda's spokesperson, Jacob Brown.
https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda-to-add-android-auto-apple-carplay-capability-1420694439589

This tweet, from two years ago, is from Mazda UK's twitter
https://twitter.com/Mazda_UK/status/684321452057837569

Nobody wants this to be true more than me, but in reality this is just more of the fluff that Mazda has subtly been leaking for years.
If Mazda had any solid plans to implement Android Auto, they would have made an official press release, just like every other auto maker on the planet has done when they announced the AA/ACP.

More BS from Mazda in order to hook people into buying their vehicles. You know dealers/sales guys will be regergitating this stuff over and over again to make a sale.

Like sjtilney says, if they plan on putting it out next year, put out a press release so you can be held accountable if it doesnt come. That would be major news but instead, theyll put out a press release for cylinder deactivation for the CX-5.(lol2)

Agreed. Not only from a top executive, but one who acknowledges they are late, shouldnt be, and gives specific commitment to 2018. Sure, he could turn out to be wrong but that would be a whole different order of magnitude from what weve been getting prior. This is a real commitment.

Exactly. It ain't gospel until it happens, but this is the first time a named company executive has definitively given a concrete timeline. "2018" is broad, but it's better than "in the future."

It could all still turn out to be nothing, but let's not pretend an exec on the record at a major auto show is equal to a PR intern monitoring Twitter.

Oh, there's Mango. Where ya' been? I was starting to worry about you!

That would be major news but instead, they’ll put out a press release for cylinder deactivation for the CX-5.(lol2)

I think I'd take that over AA all day any day.

I love how everyone keeps saying, "It's from a top executive, this is credible".
Let me be clear, top executives do not make major company announcements though some no-name, Australian, car blogging website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back