New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is supposed to already have the latest version at the time the particular CX-5 is placed for on sale.

Mazda has 2 current versions of firmware. 59.xx is for non-AA/CP cars and 70.xx is for cars with AA/CP.

Dealers will not update a non-AA/CP device to 70.xx as it is not made for that application.

Does it improve their infotainment in any way. Less bootup lag would be nice. VW is nearly instant bootup.

And you can tell by how it sounds. But Ill give Bose some credit as they have improved a lot over the recent years. They also do have good noise canceling tech. (I believe thats the auto pilot part)

I ordered the kit from mazda ny garden city yesteday, and today I checked the order status it shows order canceled . wtf? I ordered it with 2 separate part number
C922-V6-605 & TK78-66-9U0C . Should I reorder it with this single part number 0000-8F-Z34 ?
does this kit come with zip tie and sponge tape?

And you can tell by how it sounds. But I*ll give Bose some credit as they have improved a lot over the recent years. They also do have good noise canceling tech. (I believe that*s the auto pilot part)

Have used 2 x Bose systems now and sound good for me

From the day I bought the car, I turned off Bose centrepoint etc as I read it affected the sound quality. After getting ACP installed, I just switched them back. It made a huge difference - sound is much better.

Also, my earlier comment about it being better to plug your phone in once the car has started was incorrect. It actually makes no difference if the car is started or not when the phone is connected.

Bose needs all that EQ magic to sound Good lol.

But to be fair a car is horrible acoustically so in this case the aggressive EQ does kind of make sense.

Also Bose has started using better quality drivers than they often did in the past. Im pretty sure we still have some paper speakers though.

I do think the system Mazda uses is fine for the price point. I just dont associate the name Bose with quality and would have preferred they partner with someone else.

Last edited:
Its pretty simple though isnt it? If you dont like Bose, dont buy a car with Bose. Or replace it. No one really gives a sh*t if you like it or not 😂

Im not that big of an audiophile but I notice the missing range most Bose stuff has and a bit of muddying of derails.

The problem is they used to use really low quality components which was a poor business model since they brand themselves as premium. At least thats improved a bit recently.

Now in the cars I believe the speakers and what not are not really Bose but provided by whatever OE supplier Mazda otherwise uses. Bose just does the design and EQ.

I will give them credit for being good at EQ and noise canceling technology. That is what they know.

It*s pretty simple though isn*t it? If you don*t like Bose, don*t buy a car with Bose. Or replace it. No one really gives a sh*t if you like it or not ��

Just rip the Bose system out and use this instead (rofl2)

15efsl2.jpg

You dont really have a choice though as the manufacturer picks. Its not that big of a deal and the Bose in the CX-5 is fine. I just dont understand advertising the fact you know. Im not really big on all the other badges they sometimes plaster all over the interior either. My Focus ST had a silly Microsoft badge too for MyFordTouch. Anyway this is way off topic..... so yea.

Not surprising that Ford would brag about Microsoft. (screwy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back