New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on your wife's side. Why would you risk voiding your warranty, and breaking your car for a feature that's likely rolling out in a few months? I considered the hack too, but now that Mazda has actually made an official announcement, there's no point. Also, why leave on an old phone in there? Why not just use your everyday device?
If she's an iPhone user, she'll probably enjoy Apple Car Play more.

It is a feature like everything else. So what you say there is "no point" to, i say about many features that others add to their vehicles. When my wife got her Mazda last year, Carplay and AA were coming soon....... so from their announcement to the latest news it is now 18 months - the few months you mention is fall at the earliest. Mazda is vague on this, but by their own admission it could be January that is 8 months away. I wanted Waze and Google maps on my screen, and I now have it and use it everyday.

Oh, it only voids your warranty if you break something. Just like doing your own maintenance. People should be aware of the risks, and not attempt something beyond their experience level.

He is leaving an old phone connected as the AIO tweaks only support Android not iPhone and his wife is an iphone user.

If you haven't used AA and compared it our current nav system then you don't know what you are missing. Having apps and phone access without touching the phone is a great feature and I didn't want to wait for it.

Agree. And I was able to do the USB hack which is dead simple.
And to this day Mazda is super quiet over details. Still zero official details. Just a Canadian Mazda official saying it would come to all MZD Mazdas eventually. For a fee, not to mention.
I paid $0. Alpha paid less then what? $10 for the cable?
And we can both get the real deal later if we so choose. That's a win in my book.
/Edit/ I paid $5 because I tipped the Dev.

I have to admit I didn't have a clue what all the fuss was about. Until I rented a car last month in Florida that had Car Play. I loved it. I definitely will be getting it if it every becomes available to me. I know see why so many people wanted it so badly.

It is a feature like everything else. So what you say there is "no point" to, i say about many features that others add to their vehicles. When my wife got her Mazda last year, Carplay and AA were coming soon....... so from their announcement to the latest news it is now 18 months - the few months you mention is fall at the earliest. Mazda is vague on this, but by their own admission it could be January that is 8 months away. I wanted Waze and Google maps on my screen, and I now have it and use it everyday.

Oh, it only voids your warranty if you break something. Just like doing your own maintenance. People should be aware of the risks, and not attempt something beyond their experience level.

He is leaving an old phone connected as the AIO tweaks only support Android not iPhone and his wife is an iphone user.

If you haven't used AA and compared it our current nav system then you don't know what you are missing. Having apps and phone access without touching the phone is a great feature and I didn't want to wait for it.

Thanks, you explained my thinking perfectly.

Look, to the other poster: I'll admit to some nerves about popping trim and hacking the computer on my brand new $30,000 car, but I've yet to see a report from anyone who's seriously damaged their system with this serial port hack...so to me, at this point, the cost/benefit analysis is firmly in the column of get Android Auto ASAP! I've been using it on my phone for months and it's a serious game-changer. Not to mention the AIO hacks allow for far more than just AA, like removing the naggy warning message, rearranging menus, speeding up the boot time, etc. Def a case of, "to each their own," however.

One: occasionally the music cuts out for a nanosecond if streaming and using a Nav app (Maps or Waze).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back