New 2013 MS3 owner

Tetsubo

Contributor
:
2013 MS3 w/ Tech
This past Saturday I upgraded hatches and traded in my 2002 protege5. This is my very first new car purchase and I couldn't be happier. I did end up getting a great deal for the and the trade in. I couldn't pull myself from the velocity red and ended up getting the tech package.

This is my first turbo experience and would appreciate any helpful tips or mods that should come first. I have done some reading about fuel pump internals, engine mount, occ and an accessport.

The financing agent was telling me that a occ would void my warranty even though I am tying to protect the longevity of the engine.

My new 2013 MS3 w/ Tech package
IMG_0025_zps7f020fa7.jpg

I'm also trying to find a decent set of lug nut locks that are red. Any suggestions?

I was looking at the cork sport cold air intake with the interchangeable sri and tip. Any concerns with that?

Welcome to the family. I dont think you can go wrong with the Corksport setup i have had it on my car for about 4k now and couldnt be happier.

The stage 3 cold air? Hate that anything I add on with possibly void My warrant if something goes south.

idk if you have to have new but I buy most of my parts used. Let someone else take the mark down hit and source used stuff. You can get more for the money you have then

Any non-Mazdaspeed Product will void the warranty. My first mods were to the suspension, coilovers, RSB, etc. A SRI, RMM is the next order of business.

I gotta jump in here to see what you folks are saying about the '13. I'm a new '13 MS3 Tech pkg owner too. Very happy with the car. It has everything I wished my '04 3 5dr had.

So far I have replaced the rear motor mount with one from Corksport, interior LEDs, short shift plate from CS, Cobb shift knob, and I have just ordered the Stage II CAI with the Stage III upgrade and turbo inlet from CS.

I think I'm doing the suspension next (Swift springs were suggested - I'm not that knowledgable about this sort of thing so more suggestions are welcome).

I will also be ordering an aluminum skid plate and mud flaps. My white car is screaming for them but I'm on the fence about the flaps though.

I will keep you posted on how I like the intake.

Good luck with your build!

Oh. I feel a bit of lift and roll in the rearend in the canyons. What's the fix? I will investigate.

Corksport and Brandon at Neftin Mazda have been very helpful FYI.

Last edited:
I think I'm doing the suspension next (Swift springs were suggested - I'm not that knowledgable about this sort of thing so more suggestions are welcome).

I will also be ordering an aluminum skid plate and mud flaps. My white car is screaming for them but I'm on the fence about the flaps though.

I will keep you posted on how I like the intake.

Good luck with your build!

Oh. I feel a bit of lift and roll in the rearend in the canyons. What's the fix? I will investigate.

Corksport and Brandon at Neftin Mazda have been very helpful FYI.
A new rear sway bar and endlinks may be in order. James Barone RSB and CorkSport endlinks are a suggestion. Springs, I would recommend H&R,CorkSport or Eibach.

Nice purchase! Love that color!

Welcome to the MS3 section. ;)

Thank you all, I will have to start a build thread. I ended up getting some RA mud flaps and some red lugs. I think they really give my speed that race car look. Hah! I am on the fence about going with the sri and cold air box. I live in Houston, all week we have been over 100F. I understand the price would be almost identical if I went this route.

For sure a rear engine mount and some sort of intake is next in line.

I read about them. I also read I would be alright without them if I just go with an intake. Anything after that I'd need to pick up internals.

Back