New 2012 Mazda2 Touring

The brembos are nice but I didn't have any brake fade issues since the foresters weren't really fast enough to overheat the brakes. I did have some issues on the wrx though and had to be really careful not to "warp" the rotors and they would get super hot...also cooked the front wheel bearings on that one as well. That was with the fhi 4pot setup, rbf600, and ferrodo 2500 pads.
The best brakes I have experienced have been in my two M-Cars (E36 M3 and Z3 Mcoupe). I anticipated awesome brakes in my Evo, but was never impressed by the Brembo's performance. Same with the brakes in my two S4's, one of which I warped the rotors on without trying too hard. Interestingly the VW MkIV R32 used the same brakes as the S4 biturbo's but with the smaller car and lighter weight they really worked well...better than the brakes in the Evo or either of the S4's.

Last edited:
The MKV R32 is definitely a nice car with one of the sweetest exhaust tones on the planet.

Most definitely. I would just go through a local tunnel just to hear that sound. Miss it! How can i get that sound on my Mazda 2 is the question? :)

Bottom line is that after looking at and driving a number of small subcompact type cars, the Mazda2 was the only one that made me think "yep, this is the one". Lightweight and agile, it provides a solid baseline for a fun to drive car.

Exactly. Reminds me of the 1991 CRX Si i had. Although that one had a VTEC Dual Cam 165hp engine in it. If only i had a turbo for the Mazda 2 laying around.

Now I will have to see how long I can put off modifying the car!

If your past car history say anything, not long. ;)

Last edited:
Back