New 2010 CX7s owner

My2K

:
2014 Mazda6 GT Silver/Black Leather
Hi everyone. I haven't been around in a couple of years but thought id tell everyone about my new purchase. Yesterday I traded in my 2007 CX7 Grand Touring for a 2010 CX7s Grand Touring with AWD. The color is stormy blue mica with black leather interior. I'm leasing this one so if anyone has any lease questions, please feel free to ask.

I didnt drive much but I have noticed a few things (some of which I may have missed and some are just little things). The little blue light from the top that shines down into the console is gone. The fan speed control and temperature setting dials are switched. The headlight switch is changed (have to rotate the opposite way to turn on). No compass in the mirror even though the brochure says otherwise. There is one on the multi information display that displays as a regular compass. The indication on the dash no longer tells you what gear the vehicle is in unless you're in manual. I haven't played with the navigation yet so I'm not sure if it's still voice. I'll miss the big touch screen. I felt that was one of the things that made it stand out from other models.

I like the new interior. It no longer has that "cheap" feel as my old one did and it feels more inviting. The blind spot monitor works really well. The indication comes on in the side mirror and it'll beep if I turn on the turn-signal to warn me if it detects another vehicle in case i didnt see the blind spot indication. Don't know if it's standard, but I have two trays in the center console. The rear camera seems better, but that may be because of less sunlight glare from the new position of the display.

That's all I can think of for now. Like I said, some of these are just little things and others I may have missed. Nothing negative about the vehicle, just wanted to state any changes I've seen.

Zoom-zoom in Buffalo

I too purchased a 2010 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD in stormy blue mica last October...absolutely love the vehicle! I have never received so many positive comments & stares in my life on any other vehicle I've owned. I just added the silver rear bumber strip...looks sharp, & I'll be adding a Thule bike rack to it soon. I have the black interior as well, as that's the only color that comes w/ the stormy mica blue (although in Europe you can get beige w/ it). I'm not the biggest fan of the navi (way too small), & I wish they would get rid of the red lights...reminds me of a Pontiac! I'm 6'4, 220lbs & the front seats are some of the most comfortable I've sat in. They really catch the bottom of my long legs & I don't feel like I'm tipping over in them like I was in most other CUV's. The sunroof is fine (love the silver strip that pops up), but I wish a larger sunroof like on the Edge was offered. Rear camera works great, but does get blury when it rains. The piano black trim needs to go away...shows way too many imperfections, ie scratches. The 19" rims on this baby are fantastic & really set it apart from other CX-7's...between them & the color, I think that's what I get the most comments on. The stereo is fine, but still can't hold a candle to the last stereo I had...a THX certified in a Lincoln MKZ...that thing rocked! The AWD works great & didn't have any issues in our Buffalo winters (albeit it was a mild winter for us).

Although I'm very nit picky in this email, overall I love this vehicle, the exterior is what does it for me (those are some sexy ballsy curves) & this puppy came loaded w/ no options for $32k & 2.9% for 60mos w/ $0 down. I'm a Zoomer for life!

Back