NEW 11:1 Wiseco Pistons/K-1 Longrod set

Status
Not open for further replies.

br289165

:
'02 P5/2 Audi A4s
11:1 compression, custom (oversize) forged Wiseco pistons with K-1 forged longrods, Wiseco rings/wristpins/clips included, brand new in the boxes. Intended for a high power NA build, or a Turbo build with moderate boost. Or if you wanna run big nitrous and make BIG POWER these are what you need! Paid over $900 new, these were a one off run for my build. Asking $800 shipped in the U.S. outside of the U.S. additional shipping must apply. Will consider reasonable offers.

Attachments

• IMG_20130217_153934_0.jpg
    IMG_20130217_153934_0.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20130217_153759_0.jpg
    IMG_20130217_153759_0.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20130217_170606_0.jpg
    IMG_20130217_170606_0.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
how much longer are the rods? Also, do you possibly know how much height was added to the piston over stock size in order to get to 11.1:1 compression? I'm trying to work out the numbers for what compression this would make with a 1.8L crank in a 2.0L block...and how much deck i would need to shave to start making up the difference...

I have the spec card on them at home I'll post as soon as possible. The rods are 5.4" and I believe stock is 5.31". I'm somewhat negotiable if you are interested.

Also, Installshield, they have deep valve reliefs for the.375" relatively high lift cams I was using.

Last edited:
Thanks man, let me get back to you tomorrow. I'm stuck working late, but have some info at home I want to compare with these. Consider me interested.

No they are 83.40 mm rather than 83.50 mm, the .10 mm difference is to allow for a thermal coating, when the coating is applied it would be an 83.50 mm diameter, stock bore is 83.00 mm. Or you could opt not to thermal coat them and you would need a cylinder bore to match the 83.40 mm diameter as they are.

are they to suit stock bore or if not then what oversize do they match?

So a few questions. Does this combo require a modified head deck or domes? How much higher is estimated rpm limit with the longer stroke? How much boost is moderate boost?

It doesn't require a modified deck, or combustion chamber, I rev 7,200 on stock rods now, so I'd say 7,500 should be fine, maybe a little more, if you can find cams that will allow it to breathe that high up. I'm not a turbo guy, but I believe stock boost is around 7-8 psi and I've read articles about builders running less boost on high comp forged pistons than they would with low comp forged pistons, but making a decent amount of the difference up on the higher static compression. Maybe 10 or 12 PSI boost? You could also run a thick head gasket.here's some links to do some calculations;
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/compression_ratio_with_boost
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm

So a few questions. Does this combo require a modified head deck or domes? How much higher is estimated rpm limit with the longer stroke? How much boost is moderate boost?

Last edited:
and Alamo, there is NO increase in stroke...its an increase in rod length, but keeps the same factory 92mm of stroke (fwiw...you can't change stroke without changing the crank)...

the longer rods slow piston acceleration at specific locations (such as TDC)...which helps with high rpm stability...

Thanks for answering that Installshield. I might add that the stock 92mm stroke is retained due to the higher positioning of the wrist pin in these pistons. The lower the rod/stroke ratio, the more the pistons tend to "slap" the skirts off the walls at high RPM due to the relatively steeper angle of the rod, more so than a high rod/stroke ratio motor, where the pistons don't rock side to side as much.

and Alamo, there is NO increase in stroke...its an increase in rod length, but keeps the same factory 92mm of stroke (fwiw...you can't change stroke without changing the crank)...

the longer rods slow piston acceleration at specific locations (such as TDC)...which helps with high rpm stability...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back