new 08.5 pics

Wow, that piano black looks like crap. I don't like the one color seats either. I feel I made the right choice with my 07 Cosmic Blue Mica sport.

you know, at first i thought you guys had a little bit of jealousy and bitterness from all of the remarks on the new interior becuase your ride wasnt the freshest in town anymore. i was like "interior is sharp!" then i realized i was in denial cause i ordered a white ms3 back in nov./dec., and i dont like the interior either. you guys arent bitter, you're right. i am sad.

just now in 08.5. bastards, seriously, even crappy base model kias probably play mp3s for a few years now. IMO, major fail by mazda not having mp3 in the speed3.

but what can ya do. thats the only thing i like about the new 08.5 setup. the white exterior is nice but i dont like the gunmetal exterior color they are offering...i have yet to see a wheel color besides black really go with it, and it just doesn't do it for me. the piano black interior sucks, smudge city with a side of clash. the gauge needles are ok, i could live with or without that. i prefer my 08 gt seats with the cloth. alcantara sucks in the long run, it gets all matted down and is a major pain to get any sort of dirt smudge out of. i test drove a subaru with alcantara inserted seats and with 25K on it, the alcantara was already worn quite a bit. enough where the driver vs passenger seats were noticably different looking (of course theirs were blue so maybe black alcantara won't look as bad?).

i really want the MP3 deck but i'm pretty sure its $450-600, if not more, and i can't pull the trigger on it just yet.

Why not just buy an ipod and plug it into your stereo?

i have that, but it only takes me so far. call me old fashioned (even though im in the IT field), but i prefer single disc head units with mp3 playing. ipod is a pain for me to run in and out of the house to load and i use it primarily at the gym anyways. that and compared to my brother's scion, the ipod shows nothing on the screen as far as title goes, and has limited functionality anyways.

really not that jealous of the interior. Dash is kinda cool (would match my boost gauge better) but Im happy!

i think what kills the interior is the piano black finish on the stereo....everything else looks pretty decent.

Mehh! It's nice to see so many people agree with that cheap piano black. And same as me, thought it was going to look sick!

So to sum up.. 2008.5 only changes came to the interior? That's asfar as I can see..

Mehh! It's nice to see so many people agree with that cheap piano black. And same as me, thought it was going to look sick!

So to sum up.. 2008.5 only changes came to the interior? That's asfar as I can see..

for you canucks, yeah thats the only difference, down here we get the two new color choices of white and galaxy grey as well

you know, at first i thought you guys had a little bit of jealousy and bitterness from all of the remarks on the new interior becuase your ride wasnt the freshest in town anymore. i was like "interior is sharp!" then i realized i was in denial cause i ordered a white ms3 back in nov./dec., and i dont like the interior either. you guys arent bitter, you're right. i am sad.

YEa I knew it would come across as bitterness. But really I have better things to get excited about than some trim pieces and mp3 compatabiltity.

imo,

the white looks good.

the piano black looks awful.

i've owned a white car in a the past (a pearl slightly-off-white audi) and it got dirty very quickly. however, once cleaned, it was a bombshell knockout.

Thought this was funny. I had to waste some time today and decided to stop by the Mazda Dealership near me. I asked to see a 08.5 mazda to look at the new interior enhancements and they had no idea what I was talking about. All they could tell me was that they were getting a white one in about a month. They had no idea about the new finishes. They almost looked at me like I was stupid telling them that there was an 08.5.

Back