Nervous !!! (NEWBIE)

you getting the sedan or the hatch? they look cool. did you test drive one before deciding on getting one?

Welcome aboard, I went from being an integra owner to being a protege owner, and I haven't looked back- I loved my old integra, but my mazda even more- you will love it!

I'm new to this board also. I did have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 that I had put a lot of time and money into but It was totaled in January of this year. I have purchased a Mazda 3 S 5-door in Winning Blue and I'm going to pick it up today. I'm pretty excited about it. I hope it is as fun to drive as the Focus was.

Oh, and I'm a female also if you couldn't tell. :)

What flavor of Integra are you guys coming from? sedan/hatch? LS/GS-R?

I had a 91 LS 5-spd hatch. Even though the ol' 1.8L only put out 130hp/~120ft/lb, it was still a blast to drive because it was so light and tossable (for a fwd). I kind of miss that light feeling/handling nowadays, as well as the gas mileage of a 4-cyl! - I currently drive a 95 Maxima 5-spd.

The 3i sedan I test drove sure felt nimble (rightly so at ~2,700lbs), and even the base 2.0L had noticably more push down low compared to my integ, which is good for city driving. Plus, the 3's look good inside and out - I prefer the 3s sedan w/sport & headlamp/tire monitor pkg :) Good gas mileage, inherit the reliability reputation of the protege, etc, etc.

AND...it's a brand new car. Hopefully reiterating some of these points will help turn that nervous energy into excitement energy :)

I had an 89 ls, dc headers, thermal exhaust, bullfrog tb, akimoto intake, progress springs, that little car suprised a bunch of people after that- then I totalled her in a rollover...

I had a LS hatch (Integra)

I am now getting the 3S sedan... I went to get it today they said I could get 3.9% pulled my credit a few days ago now those scamming Finance people are greedy want more money so they said they had to up it to 16.35 something like that.. I said NO so now I am debating if I should just get that damn price when I know I shouldnt cause of my FICO and credit, or else put it in my mans name.. hmm i HATE dealerships.. But they gave me the 3 for the day to drive around

Talk to your bank or credit union- then you can walk in with a check and not mess with their finance people. Remember, it's their job to make themselves money and they will stick you with the highest rate they think they can get away with. You might want to try household bank or road loans, both of them have taken pretty good care of me- roadloans.com gave me the best interest rate.

shinzen said:
Talk to your bank or credit union- then you can walk in with a check and not mess with their finance people. Remember, it's their job to make themselves money and they will stick you with the highest rate they think they can get away with. You might want to try household bank or road loans, both of them have taken pretty good care of me- roadloans.com gave me the best interest rate.

I actually got a better deal from Mazda than I got from my C.U. Almost 2% better.

Sounds like she may not be getting financed through mazda with that rate though, usually mazda only does prime lending, and 16.35 is sub-prime, so it's probably through one of the finance folks that the dealer works with.

Hi!

You are going to love this car ALOT. Everyone I know loves it including me. You will be very impressed with the car and like it from years to come I am sure!

hey there... female here. I'm also joining the newbie group too. I hope you're likin' your new mazda 3 ...i sure as hell do. As soon as my mileage hit 1000, IT WAS ON! so yeah welcome! and i hope the mazda 3 meets your expectations or even better- excels it.

VieVE

Welcome aboard. I really like the Mazda 3 I think you guy/girls will be very happy with the car. (rockon)

It's cool though. If you are female and you know enough about cars to buy a 3, then much props to ya. There are so many girls (and guys) that drive civics out here. All I can say is, boooooring!

lj123023 said:
It's cool though. If you are female and you know enough about cars to buy a 3, then much props to ya. There are so many girls (and guys) that drive civics out here. All I can say is, boooooring!

(sleep) I agree with that. I am soo tired of seeing everyone cruise around town in their suped up Civics. I love leaving them in the dust though............

ZOOM ZOOM BABY!

Pacific Mazda?

Maz3sportGT said:
Hi!

You are going to love this car ALOT. Everyone I know loves it including me. You will be very impressed with the car and like it from years to come I am sure!

Hi!

I'm from Victoria, too! I'm going to pick up a 3 sedan GT with the GFX pkg and an MP3-player in a couple of months. The wife wants the blue - plenty of time to try to talk her out of it and into the black.

Did you get yours from Pacific Mazda? What did you pay, and were they easy to haggle with?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

bvmazda3 said:
Hi!

I'm from Victoria, too! I'm going to pick up a 3 sedan GT with the GFX pkg and an MP3-player in a couple of months. The wife wants the blue - plenty of time to try to talk her out of it and into the black.

Did you get yours from Pacific Mazda? What did you pay, and were they easy to haggle with?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Hey! Yeah I got my Mazda 2 Sport from pacific mazda! Garry was our sales person. Yeah I have a titainium coloured one with the GT and GFX package. Also leather seats and moonroof. Good luck with your new sedan!

Back