NEPOC MEET: Kent CT - 8/13/05

RacerChick said:
I'm sorry Lime Rock couldn't help you out. I wish I could have done something but I'm more or less "Event" staff working Registration for the drivers and crew.

For Ferrari Racing Days we had people with 50k+ cars park out in Light's Field, walk to the ticket booth, then through the gates into the track. They were pretty pissed off and I'm sure Lime Rock fielded more than a few calls from angry customers. Hopefully, the policies will chance in the near future and/or "Harry" Potter, the General Manager will exit and we can get someone in there that actually knows what he or she is doing to improve things.

you did more than anyone expected!!;)

ok ya, the black msp i told you about was sold, the one near my work, sorry!

yea, no worries mel. I doubted they would do anything but figured it was worth a shot.

btw, here was my reply to that e-mail:

Dear Steve,

Didn't limerock park assume any risk when their employee directed me,
despite my objections, into damaging my vehicle?

And was the risk I was assuming while parking in the lot, that I paid
to park in, outlined on the sign when I entered the field from the
road, or is it on my ticket?

Thank you for your time in this matter,

Chris DeCarli

slug420 said:
yea, no worries mel. I doubted they would do anything but figured it was worth a shot.

btw, here was my reply to that e-mail:

Was that parking attendent a short, fat, bald guy with glasses? If so, I will kick his ass. That stupid **** keeps hitting on me up there. Grr... (pissed)

Anyhow, I'm behind you 110% Chris. LRP should be held liable since there weren't any signs posted nor is there anything of mention such as "not liable for damage done personal property" on the back of the ticket.

Last edited:
so that last email was on the 19th

forwarded it to the guy again on the 26th

then again on Sep 6th, this time including half of the contacts listed on the limerock site. Got this reply (replied to all):

Steve, I know we do not have any disclaimer information on the backs of our tickets referring to parking.

But he brings up an interesting point that we need to add disclaimers for parking on tickets, parking tickets and signage.

Bill McMinn
Director of
Marketing<script><!-- D(["mb","Lime Rock Park

\r\n\r\n[font=\"Times][size=\"3\"][color=\"black\"][color=black\"]*[/color][/color][/size][/font]

\r\n\r\n[font=\"Arial\"][size=\"2\"][color=\"black\"][color=black\"]www.limerock.com\r\n[/color][/color][/size][/font]

\r\n\r\n</div>\r\n\r\n[font=\"Tahoma\"][size=\"2\"][font=Tahoma\"]-----Original Message-----
\r\nFrom: DeCarli\r\n[mailto:decarli@gmail.com]
\r\nSent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005\r\n8:38 AM
\r\nTo: stevepotter@limerock.com;\r\nwmcminn@limerock.com; \r\ngeorgia.blades@limerock.com; royh@limerock.com;\r\npetra@limerock.com
\r\nSubject: Fwd: Parking Problem at\r\nLimerock
[/font][/size][/font]

<div><span>\r\n\r\n[font=\"Times][size=\"3\"]*[/size][/font]

\r\n\r\n[font=\"Times][size=\"3\"]Sorry for e-mailing all of you but I am trying to get\r\nthis issue resolved and have not heard back from Steve in a couple weeks.",1] ); //--></script> & Sales
Lime Rock Park[/size][/font]

Still haven't heard from Stevey so I just sent this to all the email addresses like I did the other day:

Thanks for your help William.

Does anyone know if Steve is on vacation or something?
I am unsure as to why I have still not heard back from him.

Thanks again,
Chris

Steve Potter should be responding soon. We just had the BMW/Rolex Vintage Festival last weekend and things were quite hectic. I'm suprised you haven't heard from the Track Sales/new Operations Manager Petra. She's usually right on top of things...

I was correct about the disclaimer on the back of the ticket, huh? There is nothing in reference to parking...interesting.

I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
yea, after I talked to you i checked my ticket stub. I wasnt sure about the signs @ limerock but Bill answered that for me. the saga continues....:)

Back