neox.286's build thread

neox.286

:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
Well since the build is coming along and will be finished pretty soon I figured I'd post up a build thread (rockon)

so, I'll start with the plans and what's in the works:
* = stuff that I have already

--Engine:
*Pauter Rods
*CP Pistons (9.0:1)
*Lightened crankshaft (needs to be balanced still)
DocB oil pump upgrade
Fidanza flywheel
*Custom kevlar 6-puck clutch
505Zoom Intake manifold
*AWR Front/Rear motor mounts
*SLS Performance side motor mount

--Transmission:
*Quaife LSD
*All cryo treated gears

--Turbo kit:
*Steedspeed custom T3 manifold
Garrett GT3082R dual ball bearing turbocharger (either that or a 71R, haven't decided yet)
Tial 38mm external wastegate
Custom dump-tube into the S-pipe
*Modified Corksport S-pipe
*Corksport J-pipe
*Turbolife Front Mount Intercooler
*550cc Mopar injectors (I think I'm going to need to upgrade these to a little higher flow)
*Microtech LT-10S engine management
Methanol kit (not sure which brand yet, I have a few options)
Boost controller (not sure which brand yet, depends on what's available)

--Cylinder head
*Supertech 1mm oversized valves (I got the last set! lol)
*Supertech dual valvesprings/titanium retainers
Custom stage-2 port/polish, bowl work, valve work (gotta check my invoice again to see exactly what it entails)
Custom weld/re-grind on the cams, thinking about 256 but I haven't decided yet

That's so far what is planned for the build....we shall see what kind of numbers I am able to put down with this...I've set my goal at 400whp, though I'm not sure if I'll reach that with the GT30 or not, though I'm going to detune it a bit for street usage...but on the dyno I'm not afraid to crank the boost up to 25psi if needed, I'll just need larger injectors lol (in fact I'll probably have Casey tune it to the boost level that gives me my desired power then just back the pressure off a few PSI for street)

(rockon)(rockon)(rockon)

Last edited:
Wow looking good. So whats going to happen to the disco tater u got now. I want it...LOL. Its good to see that ur going to keep her after all. Keep the updates coming. And we need pics dude. do u take the msp to emeryville or it sits at ur house?

haha, thanks bro! but the disco potato got sold AGES ago to a member here =P
(well, it was the next step down from what you would consider a true 'disco potato', it was a GT2860 rather than a GT2876, but still haha)

I had a T3/T4 setup on the car as of recent but I just sold that turbo to Ferdie in so-cal cause his turbo blew on him a few days ago and I don't need it at the moment haha

the msp sits at my parent's house still =(
the engine is in pieces in the garage lol....soon, soon she will be finished haha

I'll grab some pics of stuff when I head home this weekend for work (thumb)
and I'll update this with pics and stuff too along the way as they arrive =)

thanks bro!

a good friend of mine (Orng1, bob...he's on here) has a friend that has a company that makes custom clutches (I believe that's how bob get's them)....basically you send your clutch/pressure plate off to them and they fab you a clutch

got a great price on it too, ~350...I've ran it for a little while now and I absolutely love it....perfect weight and grips hard (lol, everyone else who's driven my car tends to stall it a few times.....)

thanks bro!

a good friend of mine (Orng1, bob...he's on here) has a friend that has a company that makes custom clutches (I believe that's how bob get's them)....basically you send your clutch/pressure plate off to them and they fab you a clutch

got a great price on it too, ~350...I've ran it for a little while now and I absolutely love it....perfect weight and grips hard (lol, everyone else who's driven my car tends to stall it a few times.....)

what if you don't have a clutch to give them?? i want one.. that's a steal..

I'm sure bob has one laying around...shoot him a pm and let him know what your power range is (tell him I sent ya), I think he they offer a higher strength one than the one I've got (got it before I decided on the gt30)

I can't guarantee the price though, it's been a while since I bought it lol....but I believe that's around what I got it for

his screen name is Orng1

I'm sure bob has one laying around...shoot him a pm and let him know what your power range is (tell him I sent ya), I think he they offer a higher strength one than the one I've got (got it before I decided on the gt30)

I can't guarantee the price though, it's been a while since I bought it lol....but I believe that's around what I got it for

his screen name is Orng1

werd.. sounds good..thanks.

no problem

crappy pics of the clutch:
PIC-0070.jpg

PIC-0071.jpg

I do recall that it didn't come with a alignment tool though....but you can rent that from napa, kragen, or autozone

ricktalife: lol, that's the thing....I found it would be cheaper to finish the project than to go back to stock....then the project got out of hand again and I'm going way more than I need to hahaha, I really just want to finish the project

but after that, probably towards the end of summer, I'm going to be putting the car up for sale....long as I can get 10-12k out of selling the car (it's paid off) and give someone else a steal on everything altogether I'll be happy

Why dump all this money into this car and then sell it? If you want to know what a msp is worth ill tell you :( they are only worth like 5500-6000 dollars really that is one with low miles and in above average condition i seen one sell on manhiem the other day for 1000 dollars.

EDIT: also manhiem does not sell wrecks most of their stuff is ride and drive.

because I don't like leaving projects half finished...I set out on this, and I'm going to finish it

i'm not going into massive debt to do this, I don't have to do this, I'm choosing to because I want to finish the project

I've seen plenty of msps sell for around 8000, one with this kind of setup in it would sell for at least 10....mods don't boost the price of an msp, I know, but there's a difference between selling an msp with mods and selling an msp with a built motor/transmission, most of the time they go back to around kelly blue book price from what I've seen on several forums

I'm not in a rush to get it gone, and I doubt it will go right away....in anything I'll swap motors/transmissions/turbo kits/ems with someone else and sell it stock (which I'd get more money this way)

I'm not out to make a profit, I'm only doing this for the enjoyment of the project

Back