Neon Interior

L8R

Contributor
:
02' Sport 20/Familia
well, WE ALL probably have seen the previews for 2f2f. i love the skyline and it's interior. i dont know how many of u think it is nice/rice with the interior neon lights, but i thought it was cool. i was curious, how do they connect that? i know there is a cig adapter with the lights, but there were so many lights in there, i doubt all that can plug into one hole? is it all hooked up directly to the battery? seperate battery? if someone could help me with this, thatd be great, thanks guys - chris

You cut off the cigarette lighter adapter and wire them up like any other 12 volt accessory.

How much power do those neons use? I'm thinking about putting 2 under the dash but I don't want to overload my electrical system or take away power from my sound sys.

THey take just passed nothing for power. Don't tap them to the stereos power or anything though. Attach to the accesory wire at the collumn or somethign like that.

i think neons are relatively low power devices...just enough power to glow the gas inside

i hooked everything up to my headlights that way they turn on at night when i turn on my headlights

i am going to also put some under my dash. Can you go from the interior fuse box below the driver side panel? I do not really know that much about the electronics of this car so if someone could help me that would be great. I am also going to try to add another matching switch for them by the dash light adjustment and fog light switch. But first i need power! - Thanks, this car is only 4 days old and i don't want to start doing anything unless i know exactly how!

Hey Chris, I think I may be able to help. I hooked up neons in three of my friends cars so far and none of them blew up yet!:D You can either use fuse taps or you can connect it to the battery with a ring terminal just make sure you put a inline fuse close to the battery. Or you can just connect all the wires together to one plug for the cigarette lighter or theres also splitters at like walmart.

Oh yeah I looked into switches and the factory fog lights and a replacement can be bought at the dealer for $35 if i remember correctly. You can use that coin thing or spare slot for the switch and wire the neons to that. Kinda expensive for just a switch though.

Last edited:
decide how and when you want them to come on first, then i can tell you how to do it.

I want to connect neons to fog light switch so whenever I want to use fog light it comes on. or connect with fuse box.
can you tell me how to do it?1st MP3 in NH or daKiNeP5

whao haha thanks guys for the feed back. ill pm any of you if i do decide to go through with it. thanks again! peace - chris

JrTekSilverP5 said:
i hooked everything up to my headlights that way they turn on at night when i turn on my headlights

yea thats what i am going to do, put some red or orange neons in the foot areas of the driver and passenger side. later on tho, not now, have to save for real mods., lol

Bijou-MP5 said:
I want to connect neons to fog light switch so whenever I want to use fog light it comes on. or connect with fuse box.
can you tell me how to do it?1st MP3 in NH or daKiNeP5
Actualy you can get another fog switch from a mazda dealer for $30. Thats what I did. Then trigger a relay with the accessory wire of the car and run a power lead from a robust source, aka battery or fuse box, through the realy to power the lights.
That way the light switch will trigger on the neons but the car has to be in atleast accesory to turn them on. That way you don't have to throw off the neon switch when you get out of the car and you can't accidently forget it in te day time. You can use the factory fog switch to do the same too.

how much did it cost beside the neons? What about the realy?

I am interested in doing this, but i need a little bit more help down the road.

Thanks again guys

oh thank you so much
I just need to figure out how to wire them.
you know which wire to the which :my friend once tried with fuse box and neon burnt out.
I don't know what he actually did.
:confused:

Back