NEMOC Random BS Thread

Morning all. Raining, bleah. As for the petition, Ford has been having Sync issues for years now. Good luck with Mazda doing any better.

he steve, looking forward to the next event....and i signed the petition too

Thanks mahk! We're still deciding if doing Lake George would be worth it, or if we should try something a little more local - either way it's going to be a blast!

House is looking good Mark (couldn't see the pic earlier at work)!

Steve, just signed the petition as well. While I don't have a 2014 6 or CX-5, I have been disappointed with the stock head unit in my wife's 2010 3. My biggest gripe is on your list 'Bluetooth audio connection time'. After starting the car it takes a good 30 seconds of 'searching' before it will recognize my iPod which has already been linked to the car. On the flipside the JVC head unit in my P5 recognizes it within 5 seconds.

Thanks for signing. I agree though, it's such a pain that 30-45 seconds goes by and it's still looking for my phone.

I think the auto manufacturers are being a bit aggressive with adding technology and not thoroughly testing it. My wife has all kinds of problems with her Ford Focus. It only likes certain iPods and sometimes refuses to index it or takes 10 minutes to do so (direct connection, not even bluetooth). The bluetooth phone support works...sometimes. When it doesn't want to work it starts telling her 911 support is disabled and the only way to remove the warning is to stop the car and dig several layers deep into the menu system.

So it doesn't surprise me that Mazda is having similar growing pains with their technology features. I signed the petition though, since I could be in the market for a CX-5 in the near future.

Morning Chris, thanks! Yeah the issues have been plaguing Mazda since the CX5 and haven't gotten any better. I'm spreading the word as much as possible :)

Morning all. Raining, bleah. As for the petition, Ford has been having Sync issues for years now. Good luck with Mazda doing any better.

Mazda has been coming through recently with some big changes to appease critics. They put the 2.5L in the Cx5, changed the gearbox of the Mazda 6 already, and put a sport Mode option on it that allows for more power less fuel economy.

Mazda has been doing good so far, and without talking about the problems they won't continue to fix them :)

morning all!!

i really want to have a fall cleaning meet with everyone! Now I could host it at my place but I dont know if that is too much of a hike for most everyone or not (i know no distance is too far for jeff!!). We can think it over now or discuss it more at LRP in a few weeks

Troubles continue with the MS6. Today its a CEL "P2006" Variable tumble control system (VTCS) - shutter valve stuck closed. A few searches revealed a recall but I don't remember if I had that done. It's been so long.

NP Steve, it's very annoying and hopefully this petition will help kickstart a fire to get the issue resolved.

Actually Kyle, your place would be one of the closest meets for me. :p Would be nice to get back up that way on a trip where I'm not sitting on the side of the road. :/

Chris, a quick call to the dealer to see if the recall work was done? If it was in the past would you be eligible for another fix? I would think so seeing that it is reoccurring.

Let us know how you make out!

Worked on the car over the lunch break today...of course, it was hot and humid so why wouldn't I? lol Have to stop on my way home for another tube of epoxy and some undercoat.

Bruce, she is doing well. She had her first Chemo session last Friday. No nausea, but has had joint pain which is a known side effect. She will be @ Lime Rock.

Also, we found out that only 6 tickets have been sold for Friday and 9 for Saturday. September 20th, the pricing increases by $25. So get your tickets by next Friday.

i found a set of used one time black 15" rpf1s for 600 yesterday. went to check them out and they are MINT. only problem is i dont like black wheels that much :(. id rather wait out for a silver set.

Morning.

Great to hear she is doing well Marlon and that she'll be up for the trip to LRP. Hard to believe that only that many tix have sold.

Hmmmmm, should I buy those now and set them to the side while I continue to shop for a Miata? Although I'm not a big fan of black wheels either.

Morning.

Great to hear she is doing well Marlon and that she'll be up for the trip to LRP. Hard to believe that only that many tix have sold.

Hmmmmm, should I buy those now and set them to the side while I continue to shop for a Miata? Although I'm not a big fan of black wheels either.

id say id pick them up for you if you wanted them but the guy just blew up on me for not buying them because i wasted his time

^^wtf? Oh well, let him sit on them then. I'm still waiting to hear back from a guy in GA about a car. Thinking he wasn't too happy with all of my questions but if I'm flying one way to buy a car sight unseen, I want a little more info. than what is in your CL ad.

Tony, doing a quick fix to the strut tower in the engine bay. Going to post up pics when it's all done. Have to run out at lunch today to buy the undercoating. What route are you taking to LRP? I'm sure there is a point where we can meet up.

Morning.

The wheels are just painted, you can always have the paint removed and the silver will show. You can also have them repainted to any color.

There you go Kyle, call him back up and tell him that the waste of time gave you time to decide that you did want them after all. :)

It is a good deal but first things first I should concentrate on getting the car first before stockpiling parts.

Edit...played a surgeon the last couple of days.
What I found when changing the oil
attachment.php

Cleaned out most of the cancerous metal
attachment.php

Rectorseal Epoxy in place
attachment.php

Wheel well side
attachment.php

Last edited:
well what im doing now is having my friend email the guy and he will do the buying. now i know this guy is trying to really unload them based on all i got from him information wise. time to LOWBALL!!

Back