Need to roll my fenders

Why do you need to roll your fenders...people keep saying they need to do this, but do you really...I haven't found a single set of rims yet that I have scrubbed with...

I had to have my fenders rolled in, I have 205/40/17 on Akita AK-6 460 with 40mm offset lowered on 1.5" B&G springs. I could here the tire scrap over any mild bump and taking corners. I did only have to do the rears though.

I would say a shop that lowers cars would almost have this tool and would do it for $50 per corner or so.

Maybe it is cause the only thing I have had on the car is OEM rims...I have been lowered on the Tein S-Techs for all sets though and not had problems...

Rims...

03 P5 (16's)
ADR Venomous Rims (18' was running a 245 width)
3.5 MSP (17's)
Mazda 3 (both 5 spoke and snowflakes), 17's
Mazda 6 (17's and 18's)
Speed6's (18's)
CX-7's (18's)
Speed3's (18's)
RX-8's (18's)

And like I said haven't rubbed once with any of these on...been lowered the entire time...had complete car loads (3 in the back)...

I would do it yourself and save money=) Search it and do it right

no rubbing with them eh? I am still waiting to hear back on a set of MP3 wheels. I hope that i can hook them up and put some sweet rubber on the road.

i rub rear fender.
215/45/17 on the 03.5 MSP Harts under heavy load.

I run 215/40/17s on same wheels. No rubbing. I am lowered but I normally don't have more than 1 or 2 passengers or lots of cargo either.

OP: Like I said, there are a couple of guys locally who would probably be willing to at least point you in a good direction.

Maybe it is cause the only thing I have had on the car is OEM rims...I have been lowered on the Tein S-Techs for all sets though and not had problems...

Rims...

03 P5 (16's)
ADR Venomous Rims (18' was running a 245 width)
3.5 MSP (17's)
Mazda 3 (both 5 spoke and snowflakes), 17's
Mazda 6 (17's and 18's)
Speed6's (18's)
CX-7's (18's)
Speed3's (18's)
RX-8's (18's)

And like I said haven't rubbed once with any of these on...been lowered the entire time...had complete car loads (3 in the back)...

my stock wheels scrub... well not the fender but the inner frame rail as you will on full clock to the right with stock tire size and wheels.

So only at full turn you're rubbing? is there any way to get rid of it by increasing/decreasing castor?

i have 18" rx8s with 35s and not yet lowered...rubs with 2 kids and 1 adult in the back..if i hit a dip or a bump

but getting ready to lower and needs to be done

i have 18" rx8s with 35s and not yet lowered...rubs with 2 kids and 1 adult in the back..if i hit a dip or a bump

but getting ready to lower and needs to be done

See and this is what I don't understand...how do you rub on stock height loaded down but I am already dropped on the same rims and don't rub under full load...what width tire are you running...I have a 205...

See and this is what I don't understand...how do you rub on stock height loaded down but I am already dropped on the same rims and don't rub under full load...what width tire are you running...I have a 205...

It's all in the tires mainly... My previous set of tires I never rubbed on full clock to the right but my new ones i do and they are the same tire size! 215/45/17

It's all in the tires mainly... My previous set of tires I never rubbed on full clock to the right but my new ones i do and they are the same tire size! 215/45/17

True, I forget to consider this as well. I had a set of Dunlops that had that "rim protection rib" that stuck out further than the rim. My new Yokohamas do not have this. I can see that causing issues.

Back